Reporting to the President of the company, the Solar Designer/Engineer will be responsible for managing several solar projects at a time. We're looking for an experienced project engineer with more than 3 years experience.
You will be required to occasionally travel to active and potential project sites and as needed. Required travel will primarily be within the Continental United States but may be outside of this region.
- Perform engineering oversight, planning, general management, procurement and administrative duties on assigned projects as required to ensure that they are design and supported successfully, safely, efficiently, on budget and with high quality.
- Perform pre-construction site investigations as required to prepare preliminary design
- Prepare preliminary project designs with tools including AutoCAD
- Perform occasional drone survey of prospective and active projects
- Prepare solar production models with tools including Helioscope and PVSyst
- Assist with project estimation and material takeoffs
- Manage utility interconnection application process
- Assist with project permitting and licensing
- Prepare and manage RFIs and Submittals
- Maintain current construction drawings and red-line drawings
- Perform drawing take-offs for procurement and prepare vendor technical RFQs
- Actively participate in the safety program
- Coordinate and assist in the quality control program
- Constantly improve project team processes
- You are required to maintain a good driving record and an active driver’s license.
Skills & Knowledg
Extensive experience developing solar projects and timelines
- Thorough knowledge of Helioscope and PVSyst
- Solid knowledge of solar industry
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree preferred but will consider those with relevant experience
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines and maintaining accuracy.
· Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work
effectively with employees at all levels.
· Highly organized with strong analytical skill
· Attention to detail and multitasking skills a MUST.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to quickly learn new software.
- Construction: 3 years
- Solar Industry: 5 years
- Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
Immediately there will be none with the expectation to grow the team soon
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Solar Industry: 3 years (Required)
- Engineering : 2 years (Required)
- Salt Lake City, UT 84106 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave