BAE Systems is seeking entry level mechanical engineers to fill a variety of mechanical engineering rotations based on your background, skill set and interest level. Beyond exciting work, each college hire in engineering will be part of our Year One program.
An exciting future at BAE Systems awaits and it starts with Year One— a unique experience to jumpstart your engineering career.
- Explore a variety of disciplines and programs: Participate in rotations to discover your passion
- Develop skills: Receive immediate mentorship from experienced managers and engineers and explore classes to find your comfort zone
- Network and collaborate: Make lasting connections with your Year One peers, employees and leadership
**Be sure to apply to other Year One positions of interest including Engineering Leadership Development Program (ELDP), Test Engineering (ITE), Software. There are many sites with positions that are or will be available in NH, MA, NJ, NY (Greenlawn), VA (Manassas) and TX (Austin).**
Mechanical Engineering Job Description
1. Support Product Design. Provide Mechanical Engineering support to the design, development and selection of basic hardware components utilizing fundamental mechanical engineering principles, theories and techniques. Assigned duties may include design and development of specific packaging modules, mechanisms or components to meet specified design requirements. May receive direction from senior engineering staff, and also may be responsible to provide direction to drafting.
2. Perform Mechanical Analyses. Obtain working knowledge of company standard analysis tools. Perform basic static, dynamic and heat transfer analyses of mechanical structures. Compile data for investigation by senior mechanical engineering personnel.
3. Support Verification/Validation of Design. Support the fabrication and environmental testing of design hardware. Assist in the design and fabrication of prototype hardware. Support the environmental testing of hardware including: vibration, shock, thermal, fatigue and others as required. Document results for review by senior engineering personnel.
4. Prepare Documentation. Generate and review the technical content of drawings, engineering specifications, reports and other documentation associated with the mechanical design. Generate and present design review packages for internal and external audiences.
5. Support Continuous Improvement. Acquire a working knowledge of ES Quality System and the Mechanical Design Process. Acquire up-to-date knowledge of developments in mechanical engineering disciplines.
6. Support to Sustainment. Provide Mechanical Engineering support to products in production. Manage material issues, perform root cause assessments of discovered issues. perform analysis as required to verify validity of proposed solutions.
** Please note:
Candidates for these positions will be considered for positions across the greater Nashua, NH area and various engineering hiring teams. **
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Ability to support design and development of hardware to ensure requirements
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and perform tolerance assessments
- Ability to perform basic thermal / dynamic analysis to ensure good design
- Good communication skills and organizational skills
Preferred Skills and Education
Seeking graduates with one or both of the following
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- GPA of 3.0 or higher required
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.