Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Project Level Geotechnical Engineer with 5-10 years of experience to join us in our Las Vegas, Nevada office.
Qualified candidates must possess at least a B.S. in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering or related field and currently possess or have the ability to obtain Professional Civil Engineering Registration in Nevada. Candidates with an M.S. in the above disciplines, are preferred, but all motivated individuals are encouraged to apply. Candidates must possess excellent organizational, communication, computer, and technical writing skills.
The candidate will be able to safely conduct and lead field explorations, sampling, inspection, analysis and technical support under supervision. Candidate must be able to complete tasks and small projects with guidance and interaction from senior technical staff. Performs field and office tasks (technical and non-technical) and analysis. Candidate must be able to assist with preparing reports and calculations on complex projects for review. Conduct and or lead field exploration, sampling, inspection, analysis and technical support. Ability to positively interact with client representatives required.
The selected candidate will work in our team-oriented environment, leading the geotechnical engineering team and working with clients in all of our market segments.
If selected, the candidate will work with technical teams and be expected to deliver a diverse range of geotechnical engineering services. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- 5-10 years of geotechnical/geological engineering experience; required
- Technical background in geotechnical/geological engineering (field investigations, soil and rock classification, shallow/deep foundation design, slope stability, materials testing and engineering)
- Positive work attitude and ability to work safely and efficiently when managing multiple tasks
- Understanding of slope stability analysis, evaluation of consolidation settlement design of shallow and deep foundations, retaining wall design, seismic hazard evaluation
- Ability to work independently or with a team in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of standard business software including MS Office, Including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Experience with geotechnical software packages including L-Pile, Uni-pile, SHAFT, gINT, GRL WEAP, GEO STUDIO, and MSEW preferred
- Clean driving record and the ability to pass a drug test required
- Willing to travel within the Intermountain West
Will assist team members in resource sharing efforts, provide LPS stewardship, facilitate collaboration with markets
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education required, Master’s
5-10 years of related experience in consulting engineering firm or related service business
and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations required.
Ability to obtain or currently possess Professional Engineering Licensure in Nevada.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.