Field Service Engineer – NETA 2, 3 or 4
About Praetorian Power Protection, LLC.
Honesty, Integrity, and Accountability.
These core values are the guiding principles in which Praetorian Power Protection manages internal affairs, unites its employees, as well as build authentic long-term relationships with customers.
Praetorian Power Protection was created to develop a group of specialized professionals to deliver high quality results in service and maintenance needs of today’s mission critical environments. We are committed to providing our customers with Electrical Testing, UPS, PDU and ASTS maintenance in accordance with OSHA and NFPA requirements, IEEE, NETA, and industry standards.
Our vision is to grow Praetorian Power Protection as an industry leader with an elite team of experienced and electrically licensed service engineers who have been trained specifically in critical power system standards, applications, and designs in order to deliver premium services with precision and safety.
Please visit http://praetorianpower.com for more information.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for testing, commissioning and troubleshooting of electrical power systems and sub-systems independently or as part of a team in various environments including data centers, industrial facilities, buildings and government establishments. The Field Service Engineer will work independently or as part of a team, in various locations and will be based in Western Washington with routine travel across the US and occasionally internationally as required.
Primary Job Duties
Perform acceptance and maintenance testing on circuit breakers (low, medium and high voltage), cables, switchboards, switchgear, switches, metering systems, control systems, protective relays, UPS, battery systems, etc.
- Perform start-up services on switchgear and electrical systems up through the 500-kV class.
- Proficient in troubleshooting systems and components up to 500-kV
- Ability to read and interpret complex power system studies including short circuit, arc flash, protective device coordination, reliability, harmonics and load flow analysis.
- Complete test data recording accurately and reliably.
Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- 3+ years of electrical testing experience is preferred.
- Industrial Safety Processes and LOTO
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and three-line drawings.
- Work safely in Low, Medium and High voltage applications
- Experienced using various test equipment such as megger, hi-pot, WRM, TTR, power factor test set, high current breaker test sets, etc.
- Proficient in LOTO and Job Hazard Analysis practices.
- Must be able to acquire a TWIC certification.
- Record and interpret test data (components, power quality, engineering studies, etc.)
- Maintain strong client relationships.
- Exhibit Professionalism at all times.
- Ability to complete NETA and or NICET 2 within 3 months and NETA and or NICET 3 within 12 months of start date.
- Washington State Electrician Trainee Card
- Background check
- Drug screening
- Ability to work in construction environments indoor and outdoor in all weather conditions.
- Climb and on ladders and scaffolding and work on man-lifts occasionally.
- Lift and carry objects up to 75 pounds.
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work. Must be available for out-of-town and international travel of up to several weeks.
- Valid Driver’s License
Compensation Package, DOQ/DOE
- DOE + Bonus
- Medical Plan
- 401k Plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick
Come join a team of experienced professionals! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. We are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success.
All offers of employment are contingent on an acceptable background check. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include Medical, 401K, Holidays, Vacation, and Personal Leave.
Praetorian Power Protection, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Praetorian Power Protection, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35.00 - $45.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Electrical Testing: 3 years (Preferred)