Hanna Instruments an industry leader in laboratory instrumentation for analytical testing, is looking for a full-time Senior Cloud Engineer to join our team in Woonsocket, RI. The individual will be responsible for all technological duties associated with developing Azure cloud applications on the back end/server side and ensuring the quality of the solution. The Azure cloud engineer will analyze business needs, define the architecture for and participate in the delivery of technical solutions to complex business and technical requirements using cloud based platforms.
Job Responsibilities for Cloud Developer:
- Installs and maintains cloud-based applications, systems, and associated infrastructures.
- Translates business requirements into code and documentation while managing the life-cycle and communication for assigned projects.
- Analyzes and defines business requirements to determine specifications and standards.
- Oversees the proper implementation and integration of web and cloud-based applications.
- Stays informed of emerging cloud technologies and evaluates the value to the organization’s operations.
- Monitors system performance, troubleshooting and resolving errors.
- Leads cloud development team as a specialist and works with internal and external resources to develop cloud solutions for a range of products.
- Ensures quality of the solutions are robust, scalable and efficient to meet the needs of the business.
Knowledge and Skills for Cloud Developer:
- Requires experience with one or more cloud platform.
- Possesses expert knowledge of subject matter.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience developing cloud applications such as JS, PHP, MQTT etc.
- At least 2 years’ experience with developing Microsoft Azure.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must have a good understanding of front end/client side development and troubleshooting.
- Must have a good understanding of connected embedded systems tradeoffs, protocols, etc.
- Requires attention to detail, a pride in delivering excellent service, organization, and high levels of energy and endurance.
- Ability to handle the most complex issues and possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, exceptional time management and project management capabilities.
The people here at Hanna don’t just create widgets — they create testing solutions that help improve everything from the taste of your local microbrew to the safety of the water from your tap. With operations in 65 countries, Hanna is working to solve some of the world’s biggest problems by making scientific testing more accessible, easy and accurate. Working for Hanna is an opportunity to be a part of the solution in making a better world.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Azure: 2 years (Required)
- developing cloud applications such as JS, PHP, MQTT etc.: 5 years (Required)
- Woonsocket, RI (Required)