- Work Location: Hybrid (up to 3-day/wk. remote work)
- Job Location: Vienna, VA OR Annapolis Junction, MD
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Clearance: Active SECRET clearance
- Salary: Depends on Experience
We are seeking a Data Engineer to support our DoD customer. The candidate will be part of a dynamic group responsible for transforming the data from legacy systems into RDS PostgreSQL, as well as optimizing data flow. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in ETL process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience with relational SQL including Oracle and Postgres.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: Glue, EC2, RDS, Redshift a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $170,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vienna, VA 22182: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- ***In what city and state do you currenlty reside?
- Data Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location