Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been designing, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies and on the ground.
Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world every single day. Join this highly innovative team providing ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a Lab Engineer you’ll work on a broad range of projects in a laboratory environment, that will challenge you to learn and grow in your career. Working side by side with designers, test and manufacturing engineers, you’ll use your education, experience and growing expertise to develop and evaluate new and innovative technology to survive in the most hostile of environments.
In this role you will:
We're looking for:
- Coordinate with other disciplines such as Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering, and Procurement
- Interface with customers in the development of test plans, performance of laboratory testing and evaluation of data
- Prepare samples and measure physical, performance, and processing properties of representative materials and parts using standard and specialized equipment and instrumentation
- Perform laboratory analyses on test samples/parts using a wide range of equipment from handheld fixtures to highly specialized test instruments.
- Prepare laboratory reports
- A self-starter who develops solutions to technical issues
- A motivated individual who's able to work closely within a geographically diverse team to resolve technical issues
- Someone with the ability to handle shifting priorities, multiple projects and timeline pressure to meet deadlines
- Someone comfortable with communicating in a variety of forums
- The ability to work with management and program representatives at several levels
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards and Recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits
- Material science or electrical engineering background or related field of study
- Experience or coursework in a laboratory environment
- Coursework/knowledge of metallic alloys and metallurgical concepts
- Experience in the review of laboratory test results, evaluation of data and completion of related documentation and the final lab report
- Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with ASTM, AMS, or MIL specifications related to metals and electrical testing of materials
- Familiarity with standards related to testing of Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical Parts
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.