ASM is a leading, global supplier of semiconductor process equipment for wafer processing. We deliver innovative technology solutions to the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers. We are a dynamic, growing company and provide ground breaking solutions that are helping to make semiconductor devices smaller, faster and more powerful.
We are offering you the opportunity to join our Field Service team in Fishkill, NY as a Field Service Engineer. Our team develops new processes and applications in a vertical batch reactor for state-of-art integrated device flows. It is a chance to work in one of the most advanced scientific fields in the world and still seeing your inventions in tomorrow’s products out in the market.
ASM welcomes recent Engineering graduates or Military Personnel to apply!
Field Service Engineer -- Fishkill, New York
General Description and Duties:
- Works with semiconductor processing equipment to research, develop and optimize
- Create and maintain a high level of customer delight through advanced customer service skills, implementing fast quality responses to both internal and external customers while maintaining a safety first mentality.
- Work completely independent of supervision on highly complex problems while meeting project/task timelines, objectives and goals.
- Develop action plans for problem resolution and present to internal and external customers.
- Develop improvements for processes, hardware and software for continuous improvement of ASM equipment / business operations.
- Coach / mentor lower level FSE’s to higher level skill sets.
- Assist in customer escalations and manage beta-site projects.
- Troubleshoot process problems of medium complexity along with writing procedures and processes for standard field service activities.
- Travel of 25-75% for both domestic and international locations maybe required.
Education & Experience:
The following education, experience and/or knowledge is an advantage:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college in electrical engineering / electronics technology or Associates degree in electronics / electro-mechanical
- Experience in field service / customer support background and/or manufacturing experience in final assembly or test of semiconductor capital equipment.
- ·Knowledge in any or all of the following areas is a plus: wafer fab, closed loop gas and vacuum control, RG induced plasma, electro-pneumatic controls, microprocessor based controllers, robotics, basic concepts of software, toxic and/or flammable gasses and acids.
- Being able to understand semiconductor processing equipment technology, semiconductor devices and materials.
- Ability to independently manage process development projects.
- Understanding of the interplay between hardware design and process outputs.
- Being able to quickly learn new skill sets.
- Having a hands-on approach and flexible attitude.
- Enjoying solving problems and driving results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate advanced technical constructs in a direct and concise manner.
Want to Apply?
If you’re a team player who is passionate for Engineering and Semiconductors then please click on the APPLY button.
For more opportunities,visit our career site: http://www.asm.com/EN/careers/join-us
ASM International NV is headquartered in the Netherlands. Our over 2,200 employees are based in 14 countries, including the United States, Europe, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Singapore. We benefit from this diverse perspective and the advantages of bringing together the best brains in the world to create new breakthroughs, turning today’s challenges into tomorrow’s opportunities.
ASM is a public company traded on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. You can find more ASM information and career opportunities on: www.asm.com
ASM is an equal opportunities employer and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization
Job Type: Full-time
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply