Great West Engineering, Inc., a growing and dynamic engineering and consulting firm, currently is accepting resumes for a Senior Civil Engineer to work in our Boise, ID office. Fifteen to twenty years of civil water/wastewater engineering experience and Professional Engineer (PE) registration in Idaho, or ability to gain reciprocity in Idaho, is required.
- Looking for an eager and willing individual to build a team to compete for project work locally and to complement Great West Engineering’s existing capabilities throughout the mountain region.
- Ideal candidate will be recognized as a leader in design of water treatment and distribution systems and wastewater treatment and collection systems.
- Candidate must have a proven track record of building strong relationships with potential clients and provide exceptional project delivery to existing clients.
- Candidate should be known in industry affiliated professional organizations and groups and have a solid track record of managing internal technical teams and managing projects to profitability.
- Qualified candidates will have a BS/BA in Engineering or related degree and a minimum of 15-20 years related experience; or equivalent work experience. Additionally, a Professional Engineering (PE) license in the state of Idaho, or the ability to be licensed in the state of Idaho within six months, is required.
- Proven record (15+ years) in providing water and wastewater engineering services to local municipal and private sector clients.
- Working with state and federal agencies on regulatory development and requirements issues in the water and wastewater industry.
- Utilizing local expertise and advanced technical knowledge of water and wastewater planning, design and construction engineering, to include writing and presenting technical reports.
- Working directly with potential clients to determine needs and provide solutions, and lead a team in the preparation of winning proposals and successful presentations.
- Securing water and wastewater contracts, developing and leading teams of engineers to successfully complete scope of tasks and projects.
- Overseeing and managing tasks/projects and clients expectations to scope, time and budget goals for the planning, design and construction of infrastructure projects as well as creating construction documents, specifications and handling construction oversight/administration.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals.
- Excellent work ethic and a comprehensive understanding of engineering principles.
Great West is a growing company that values quality work for our clients and a healthy work-life balance for our employees. Great West offers competitive salaries, bonus time for billable overtime hours, and an excellent benefits package that includes insurance and a 401(k) program with company match.
Job Type: Full-time
- water/wastewater engineering: 10 years (Preferred)
- Civil Engineering: 10 years (Required)
- Professional Engineering - PE (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance