Our client, Heavy Civil construction firm, specializing in earthwork and underground utilities, seeks a Civil Construction Estimator to bid multiple projects. The ideal candidate has 10+ years experience as an Estimator and a 4-year technical degree is preferred. experience with earthmoving and grading,underground utilities, waterline, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer construction projects required.
The ideal candidate will lead by example, display honesty, integrity, and good judgment while maintaining the highest professional standards and will be a proven team player. Our client views their employees as a valuable asset and the key to success of their company.
- Assess cost-effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
- Consult with clients, vendors, and personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Administer full-cycle take-offs and pricing, subcontractor coordination evaluation of skills, bid preparation, and submittal of bids
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, budgets, and scheduling work
- Provide leadership to others through example and by sharing knowledge and skill
- Maintain a highly-organized work area and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Write reports and business correspondence
- Present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
- Generate and submit complete estimates
- Other unlisted duties will be assigned
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field and 8 years of related work experience
- Must have 4 (four) years of experience on all aspects of heavy civil construction as an Estimator.
- Must have 5 (five) years of experience in DOT specifications
- Must have 5 (five) years of experience in Alternate Delivery and/or Hard Bid
- Must have 5 (five) years of experience operating MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Must have experience with HCSS
- Base Salary $140k-170k+ (DOE)
- Excellent Vacation Benefits
- Relocation Assistance
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Annual Bonus
- 401K or Profit Sharing
- Company Vehicle
To apply, please include a cover letter, resume and project list. On your project list, be sure to include details of type and size, location, and your personal involvement in these projects.
G. Peterson Consulting Group, Inc. ( www.pcg-online.com ) is a leading Executive Recruiting Firm for the Construction Industry. Our Experienced Recruiters are dedicated to identifying, qualifying, and delivering top talent nationwide. Let us help enhance your career. Services uphold the highest standards of professionalism, honesty and integrity. All searches are held in the utmost discretion. Confidentiality is exercised to the fullest, both to our candidates and clients. There are no fees to our candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $140,000.00 to $170,000.00 /year
- Estimating: 10 years (Preferred)
- underground utilities: 5 years (Preferred)