ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
Candidates should be passionate about programming for the web, willing to learn every day, enjoys solving problems and is ambitious about his/her future. You will be responsible for supporting and implementing new features on websites and web applications supporting the Healthcare industry. Communication is key in the organization so you should have excellent written and oral communication skills. The ability to work productively, both individually and as part of a team, is a crucial component in a successful applicant. We are looking for a recent graduate with some experience who is eager to join a small team and have a large impact. We are constantly improving on our existing portfolio of applications and websites (both internal and external), and need someone to provide fresh and innovative ideas with skills to match.
- Experience in writing C#, VB.NET and MS SQL Server
- Working knowledge of relational databases, database structures and design, data management, and data warehousing
- Manage simultaneous projects to completion
- Excellent communication, time management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills required
- Technical proficiency in application development including systems design experience, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Comply with software development life cycle methodology and related change control disciplines in completion of assigned tasks
- Demonstrate understanding of business processes in core areas of responsibility
- Perform development work within the documented framework of the IS architecture and strategic direction
- Work well with peers and management from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical expertise.
- Similar experience within a Large Health Plan or Claims Administrator (TPA)
- Health Application experience with any of the following areas: Claims Processing, Eligibility Maintenance, Utilization Management, Plan Benefits, Provider and Contract Maintenance
- Technical experience with HIPAA transaction sets (834, 837, 835) and analyzing health data
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree
Job Type: Contract