Join a technology company dedicated to improving lives through innovative technology solutions. Today, Raven is focused on solving these Great Challenges:
Feeding a growing population by improving agricultural efficiency around the world
Protecting our natural resources
Saving and improving lives through advanced situational awareness
Connecting the world
Raven is organized into three business units that sell our advanced products and solutions within their niche markets. Our Corporate Services team supports the daily operations and business activities of all three.
The IT Engineer will design, configure, install, and support hardware, software, and related applications on the company’s network. Ensure stable and secure operation of Information Technology assets.
- Responsible for a variety of tasks and projects, including installation and support of: software, equipment, servers, network infrastructure, storage devices, VoIP equipment, and other system components.
- Works independently, as well as with a team.
- Assist engineering on a variety of tasks and projects, including installation and support of: software, equipment, servers, network infrastructure, storage devices, VoIP equipment, and other system components.
- Perform backups of systems, files, and configurations.
- Support end users, including system troubleshooting and training.
- Provide third party support, and provide feedback/training to team.
- Facilitate asset management, including maintenance contracts.
- Test and prepare software applications for installation.
- Prepare and present technical reports and recommendations on projects.
- Participate in department improvement activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of an internship in a related position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Any relevant certifications preferred.
- Specific skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field related to position, as identified by department leadership.
o Networking – CCNA, CCNP, CCVP, Cisco technology skills preferred.
o Systems – VM Ware, SANS, Servers.
- Basic problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
- Travel may be necessary, based on position.
- Developed expert in technical skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field of support.
- Well-developed problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.