Posting Date Nov 07, 2019
Job Number 19157643
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Marriott Hilton Head Resort & Spa, Oceanfront at Palmeto Dunes One Hotel Circle, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at:
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Columbia Sussex Corporation. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Marriott Hilton Head Resort and Spa is looking for an Executive Housekeeper to add to its growing team.
As a highly visible member of the Hotel's Leadership Team, the Executive Housekeeper serves as a key support resource to the operation. Working in close partnership with other department heads, the Executive Housekeeper will ensure that the highest standards for cleanliness, safety and sanitation are maintained throughout the hotel. They will ensure that guest requests are responded to promptly, and they will direct their team in performing a variety of activities to ensure a consistently clean, orderly, and attractive environment within guest rooms and public spaces. The Executive Housekeeper will be accountable for managing and coordinating the resources, tasks, requirements, systems and processes related to housekeeping and laundry operations, and for creating an energized and positive work environment that results in the delivery of exceptional guest service.
- Monitor and evaluate all housekeeping/laundry department daily activities
- Establish and review departmental standards, guidelines and objectives.
- Oversee administrative processes such as departmental staffing, training and budgeting to ensure proper planning and organization.
- Conduct daily walk-throughs and quality checks to drive cleanliness, productivity, efficiency, exceptional service and guest satisfaction at all points of contact.
- Drive effective communication across the housekeeping and laundry departments to ensure consistency, cohesiveness and clear understanding of objectives and priorities.
- Issue supplies and equipment as needed and participate in regular inventories to ensure proper supply levels. • Intervene, assist and document instances of guest or employee incidents.
- Approve and process vendor invoices and perform other accounting-related functions as necessary. • Maintain the integrity of the hotel’s compliance with the company’s safety and security programs, particularly for HazMat, Bloodborne Pathogens, MSDS and OSHA.
- Ensure adherence to all company and brand policies, practices, procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain and communicate an up-to-date body of knowledge regarding proper use of and maintenance of laundry equipment, chemical usage and care of linens.
- Make recommendations and implement necessary changes to meet and exceed company objectives and to enhance service and operational efficiency.
- Work with Chief Engineer in executing projects related to floor care, deep cleaning and routine maintenance of public spaces, guest rooms, back of house areas, pool and grounds.
- Maintain on-going communication with hotel department heads regarding the specific and overall condition of rooms and public spaces.
- Support effective Energy Management programs as directed.
- Anticipate and follow through on guests’ service needs.
- Serve as problem solver in instances of guest dissatisfaction; Resolve complaints, concerns or issues in a timely and helpful manner.
- Perform other duties as needed and as directed by General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Chief Engineer, Sales Director and other leadership team members.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.