Location: City of Industry, CA
Pay: $19.00-$21.00 (DOE )
Shift: 8:00am -5:00 PM or 7:00am -4:00pm (Mon- Fri )
· Inspection and testing of raw materials,product in process and/or finished goods using metallurgical laboratory equipment, precision measuring tools and gauges and mechanical testing
· Performs assigned routine tests on raw material, product in process, or finished goods in accordance with the industry, customer and/or company quality standards/specifications.
· Performs macro examination for superficial surface defects such as laps, cracks, pits, etc.
· Prepares samples for micro examination by sectioning, mounting or polishing.
· Performs basic micro examination such as grain size, and plating thickness.
· Utilizes proper testing equipment to inspect product for adherence to print and/or customer specifications.
· Records results on inspection forms or charts and test reports.
· Performs records keeping, data entry, housekeeping, and follows safety regulations.
· Performs various type of testing and or specimen preparation such as fatigue, installation, sheet-take, etc.
· Follows procedures set forth by engineer for monitoring projects, such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and conferences, in order to inform engineer and or management of current status of each projects.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and technical course training in basic metallurgy. Three (3) years inspection and, mechanical testing experience working in an aerospace manufacturing environment (preferably in fastener industry); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 to $21.00 /hour
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)