The Holland and Hart Innovation Laboratory (ILab) harnesses experts in artificial intelligence, software development, and process improvement to work collaboratively with our legal practitioners and their valued clients to help define the future of law. Our team of developers assists in tailoring apps, dashboards, and web services to innovate and optimize client experience.
The Solutions Engineer will be responsible for configuring and adapting software applications that automate and increase the effectiveness of legal processes. She/he will work closely with legal practitioners and other innovators capturing user needs, helping develop optimal technical designs and solutions, and ensuring our solutions maximize value to our clients. This role requires technical and social skills to connect technology capabilities with end user needs.
- Help build and adapt our portfolio of innovative solutions, collecting requirements and translating experiences with end users to desired software features and functionality
- Diagnose and solve technical and usability problems while maintaining a clear awareness and genuine appreciation of challenges facing non-technical users interacting with new technologies
- Work with legal platform API’s (e.g., Microsoft Azure, Microsoft BI, iManage, etc.) for data collection and local analysis
- Write Python code to capture relevant data engineering and business logic
- Participate in the Agile software development process, including team Scrum
- Work closely with wide array of legal technology stakeholders including attorneys and legal staff, software engineers, data scientists, and business stakeholders to develop high impact, innovative solutions for the firm
- Understand and capture the needs and challenges of relevant business and technical domains of the legal industry.
- Other duties as assigned
Job Qualifications (Education, Experience and Certification):
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic credentials in a business-related, technical, or scientific discipline.
- One to three years professional experience in client-oriented roles, preferably in product development in the software industry
- Solid foundation in software development best practices
- Team-oriented personality, equally conversant and comfortable engaging in technical and stakeholder-centric forums.
- Familiarity with basic software development processes and technologies including: version control, networking, web apps, databases, cloud services
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix development and deployment environment is a plus
- Interest in working at the intersection of technology and legal practice is a plus
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure and cloud-native development (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) is a plus
- Experience developing software that leverages AI/ML functionality is a plus
- Experience with Agile principles, values and practices is a plus
- Demonstrated, superior communications and listening skills is a plus
Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies problems, finds solutions, acts decisively, and show good judgment.
Results Orientation – Maintains appropriate focus on outcomes and accomplishments.
Communication – Recognizes the essential value of continuous information exchange.
C_hange Agility_ – Adaptable, embraces the needed change and modifies behavior to achieve firm objectives.
Team Player – Team oriented; maintains composure and is adaptable to the changing needs of the team.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee must have the ability to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time; manipulate (lift, carry, move) weights of at least ten (10) pounds; have repetitive wrist/hand/finger movement to work on a computer and/or related office equipment; speak clearly and concisely so listeners can understand; and regularly understand the speech of another person.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by this position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hybrid remote/in-person work environment. Professional office atmosphere. Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting or standing for prolonged periods. Position may require occasional off-hour meetings and events.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those this position may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Holland & Hart offers of employment take into consideration a candidate’s education, training, and experience, as well as the position's work location, external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. Salary Range - $ $59,480.00 - $99,130.00. A discretionary bonus may be available based upon performance.
Holland & Hart works hard to promote work/life balance with a 37.5-hour scheduled work week for most staff employees, a robust wellness program, and generous PTO and holiday pay for eligible employees. Full-time employees become eligible for benefits on the date hire, with a benefits offering that includes medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, EAP, STD, and LTD. Also available are voluntary income protection benefits such as supplemental life, accident, critical illness, and long-term care insurances, as well as a 401(k)-retirement plan with a company match. In addition, the firm has programs that may provide for educational assistance, free or discounted legal services, and opportunities through the Holland & Hart Foundation, which is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating volunteer opportunities for lawyers, staff, families, and friends of Holland & Hart LLP. Part-time employees may have access to some of these benefits, which may be on a pro-rated basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $59,480.00 - $99,130.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance