General Position Summary:
Primary Responsibilities and Training Needs:
- Assist Engineers to design vessel structure, piping, machinery, and outfitting details.
- Develop 2D/3D AutoCAD detail drawings.
- Assist in providing part details, nesting plans, and CNC coding for the burning alley.
Specific Job Skills:
- Prepare or revise engineering drawings in accordance with the marked-up prints, sketches, or verbal instructions provided by senior staff.
- Create multiple view drawings with appropriate details and section views, dimensions, and tolerances per department drafting standards.
- Create 3D models and assembly drawings.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Drawings and bills of material are accurate and finished on time.
- Drawings are in compliance with department drafting standards.
- Have good work ethics and good attendance record.
- Community College graduate with an Associate degree in Drafting required. A four year degree with previous CAD training/experience is a plus.
- A minimum of two years AutoCAD drafting experience. Knowledge of using ShipConstructor or other 3D modeling software will be a plus.
- Marine industry experience is not required but will be considered a plus.
- Experience with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, MS Project
- Have good verbal and writing communication skills.