Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? The engineering Team at AVL Manufacturing, Inc. is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer with notable experience working in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment.
The Manufacturing Engineer's primary function is to bridge the gap between Engineering and Operations and provide support to improve the overall efficiency and quality in the product and production cycle.
Job Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
1. Support the mechanical (and basic electrical) assembly process by interpreting approved design models and communicating the solutions to the shop floor.
2. Improve the overall efficiency of the plant assembly process, including fabrication and paint.
3. Work with lead hands in production and develop engineering solutions for production issues and design errors.
4. Assist in improving product quality and consistency through the refinements and improvements in the assembly process.
5. Work with the Electrical and Mechanical assembly teams to ensure the build process's accuracy and support the Project Managers to ensure budget and timelines are protected.
6. Support root-cause analysis and develop corrective measures with QA for issues that extend through the manufacturing process.
7. Work with Engineering and Operations to develop methods, tools, jigs, etc., for improving the assembly process.
Job Specific Requirement/Knowledge/Experience:
1. College Diploma in Mechanical / Industrial Engineering Technology or University graduate of Mechanical / Industrial Engineering.
2. 2-5 years of Manufacturing Engineering and manufacturing experience in fabrication and working in the production environment.
3. Able to use SolidWorks, PDM, and ERP with at least two years of relevant experience.
4. A minimum of one year of product design experience is required.
5. The ability to read and interpret manufacturing drawings.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,833.00-$72,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (preferred)
- SolidWorks: 3 years (preferred)