Instructor, Full Stack Web Developer Program – Robertson
Robertson is the School of New Work. Our vision is for everyone to have a good life through a prosperous and fulfilling career. Robertson’s mission is to empower our students with the most relevant training and up-to-date industry insights to thrive in a modern work environment.
At Robertson, motivated students can advance their education at their own schedule. The Robertson team assists both during and after graduation to ensure students have the tools they need to succeed in a new career. Robertson team members are guides for our students on their career path as they navigate their college and educational experiences during their time at Robertson.
We are seeking Instructors for our Full Stack Web Developer Program to guide and prepare students for entry level positions as developers of full stack web applications using .NET or open source technologies.
Under general supervision, the instructor is responsible for delivering course content in a dynamic and engaging manner; designing, implementing and correcting assignments/projects; and actively implementing course curriculum. As an Instructor, you will observe and adhere to all company policies and best practices.
- Share industry-related knowledge, expertise, and passion with the students
- Respond to student inquiries and provide feedback to students in a respectful and timely manner
- Record student attendance and grades
- Be available during office hours
- Develop and maintain a supportive learning community
- Provide guidance and support to adult learners
- Deliver course content via Brightspace/D2L Learning Management System (LMS)
- Deliver instruction that meets program objectives as set out in the curriculum
- Evaluate student performance fairly, promptly and consistently.
- Collaborate with other teams (Student Services and Support, Practicum and Career Services, Academic Department, etc.) to contribute positively to the student experience
- Support the administrative functions of the campus to enhance the student experience
- Act in a manner that upholds the professional expectations and standards of Robertson College
- Maintain an online presence in the Brightspace LMS by challenging, engaging, and communicating with students to encourage their participation and learning
- Assign and post grades in a timely manner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree or diploma in computer science or web development is required; a combination of skills and experience may be considered
- 3-5 years of experience developing software systems as a full stack software developer
- Extensive experience with modern JS frameworks (i.e. Vue.js, Angular, React)
- Expertise in C#, .NET, and ASP.NET
- Comfortable writing SQL queries and designing database table schemas
- Experience delivering training programs for professional and educational purposes an asset
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (D2L preferred) and asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, and ATTITUDES
- Demonstrates confidence, a positive approach and a strong work ethic
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks
- Must be dependable, reliable and punctual
- Ability to problem solve and process information
- Team oriented and adaptable
- Demonstrates multicultural sensitivity and awareness
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven organizational skills and ability to complete assignments timely and accurately with minimal supervision
- Experience with andragogical training and teaching an asset
LOCATION AND HOURS OF WORK
Robertson Online - Work from home. Hours of work depends on enrollment. An online instructor can expect approximately 5 hours per week for 1-11 students and 10 hours per week for 12-30 students.
Robertson Winnipeg - In-Campus Instruction, 180 Main Street. 5 to 20 hours per week.
To apply for these positions, please send your cover letter and resume indicating which role you are applying for.
The posting will remain open until all positions have been filled. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- software or web development : 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)