Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:
In 2018, Schneider Electric has been recognized as one Canada’s Top 100 Employers, one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People, and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers. Learn the reasons why at https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-schneider-electric.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric Canada is looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic and senior electrical engineer to join the Power Systems HUB engineering team. This position is responsible for the technical scope of projects both at tendering and execution stages and independently leading small projects. The responsibilities of this position extend to projects falling under the scopes of power distribution and management solutions. Projects are primarily in the Utilities, infrastructure, Oil and Gas, Mining, Renewables, Microgrid, Water and Waste Water and Marine business.
In this role you will:
- Provide technical expertise for integrated project during pre-sale, bidding and execution stages. Projects involve MV/LV power generation and distribution systems, MV/LV distribution equipment, e-house, energy automation and industrial automation systems.
- Experience in developing technical documents and drawings for MV/LV power generation and distribution systems, MV/LV distribution equipment, e-houses, energy automation and industrial automation systems.
- Provide technical expertise for solution projects through feasibility, FEED, detail design, commissioning and start up stages.
- Experience in review customer technical documents and drawings, prepare engineering hours estimate, coordinate with participating business unites of the company, external vendors and integrators and presenting bid technical solution to partners.
- Experience in design power distribution system for local power generation of 10-50 MW using fossil fuel, solar or wind.
- Experience in electrical and control design of microgrid system including energy storage will be an asset.
- Experience in leading a multidisciplinary team of electrical, control and automation engineers on medium- to large-scale projects and working independently covering the responsibilities of project managers and technical specialists on small projects.
This job might be for you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 12+ years of progressive work experience in power systems design, implementation and commissioning.
- Licensed as Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with a recognized Canadian association of professional engineers
- Fluency in English language including read, write and speak. Knowledge of French language will be an asset.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.