- Quality assurance
- Writing skills
- Software testing
Quality Assurance Analyst II evaluates complex programs and software testing to verify functionality is aligned with specifications and standards. Analyst II Quality Assurance analyze, and run tests on new or modified complex software programs, including documentation, diagram and flowchart, and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines. This role conducts compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs. Additionally, this role runs in-depth testing, detects problems, recommends solutions, and determines if program requirements have been met. The Analyst II, Quality Assurance provides vital assistance in testing and preparation for State and Federal certifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participates in complex design reviews and recommends design improvements or revisions to developers and system analysts. Approves design specifications and creates test cases and data prior to coding by developers.
2. Identifies, analyzes and documents defects, questionable functions, errors and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens and content.
3. Serves as knowledgeable resource of automated testing procedures; and as company-wide resource, providing user and technical support regarding functions and operation of software programs.
4. Documents, tracks and communicates software test plans, test results, analyses and unresolved problems.
5. Maintains testing software tools; test plans and scripts; and documentation of test findings.
6. Serves as Quality Assurance team lead with respect to agile development projects.
7. Provides vital assistance with respect to planning and executing federal and state certification tests.
8. Conducts compatibility tests with other software programs, hardware, multiple operating systems and network environments.
9. Serves as the primary training resource for QA Analysts on quality assurance practices followed by ES&S. Assists in the training of ES&S employees on new products and advises the Training Department on related documentation and Election Day checklists
10. Leads in establishing department processes, standards, procedures and practices.
11. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Management Information Systems or similar discipline preferred.
At least 4 years experience in a software quality assurance environment including:
Writing test plans, executing test plans, and defect logging.
Experience with SQL statements required.
Experience with relational databases required.
Experience with automated testing is preferred.
Election experience preferred.
Technical capacity – including experience with Windows OS family (XP, Win 7 and higher), JAVA, .NET and Citrix system technology.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
Licenses/Certifications Required: None