Who We Are
More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
About the Role
The Investing and Wealth Management Technology Group is seeking an experienced development manager to join a client focused community of engineers to enable our customers to achieve their personal and financial aspirations. As a technical lead of the engineering team, you will have the opportunity to support the creation of state-of-the-art web based applications by leveraging your technical, design and analytical skills. You will also mentor and collaborate with a team of high caliber, motivated developers to delivery business value.
- Be a stakeholder/advocate for the delivery of business requirements across various business functions
- Architect and deliver software to enable clients to reach goals
- Work across teams to prioritize work items and identify dependencies
- Research new technology or development tools to use the right technology for solving business problems
- Advocate user centric design and agile development life-cycle
- Hands on development, as well as leading code reviews
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering
- 10 years or more experience designing and developing multi-tier software system
- 5 years or more experience leading team
Required Soft Skills:
- Understanding of databases and SQL
- Understanding of Data Structures & Algorithms
- Understanding of multi-tier application design
- Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- Spring, Hibernate, Tomcat
- ES6, HTML5, CSS3, SASS, Node.js, Protractor, Jasmine, Karma, JSON, REST, TypeScript, NPM
- Responsive (Bootstrap) and Material design
- WCAG 2.0 guidelines
- Server side technologies
- Financial services
- Team Player
- Strong and Clear Communication
- Passion for Technology
- Client Focus
#INDTECH for Tech
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.