Engineer/Geologist – Sheridan, WY
Trihydro, a mid-sized engineering and environmental consulting firm with a national footprint, is seeking a dynamic, entry/mid-level engineer or geologist to join our team. This position will focus on field support, construction oversight, design and permitting support, site inspections, remediation system operation and maintenance, environmental sampling, environmental drilling oversight, data management and presentation, and report writing. If you’re an engineer or geologist interested in career-growth opportunities and joining a growing team, we encourage you to apply!
Improving our communities and the environment is at the heart of Trihydro’s mission. We achieve our mission by empowering our employees to develop solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations. We understand our employees are our number one asset; treating them as such has fostered a strong company culture that has spurred our growth and diversification over the past 36 years. We are seeking individuals interested in serving key roles in our continued pursuit of our mission and continued growth and diversification.
In your role as an Engineer or Geologist, you will have responsibilities such as task management (leading to future project management) developing design criteria and calculations, development of detailed construction plans and related documentation, site inspections, field data collection, groundwater, soil and air sampling, permit compliance activities, remedial system construction oversight, remedial system operation and maintenance, data review, construction inspections, assist with construction administration, report writing, proposal writing, and client relationship management. This position does require traveling to various project locations (up to 50% of work will include travel).
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Geology, or related field
- Written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and project team members
- Good employment or academic history with a commitment to safe work practices
- Initiative and motivation with an emphasis on completing project deliverables on schedule
- Reliable, team-oriented work habits
- Ability to travel to client sites and other Trihydro offices
- A clean driving record
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
Our preference is to base you in our Sheridan, Wyoming office; however, we are open to discussing other Wyoming office locations, if this is your preference. Sheridan is located in the foothills of the Bighorn Mountains and offer access to recreational opportunities, cultural experiences, and a highly diversified quality of life.
We encourage you to apply if:
- You are just beginning your career (0-3 years of experience), looking for valuable experience, and excited to build a strong technical foundation
- You would like to gain valuable field experience and be exposed to a wide variety of engineering and environmental project tasks
- You are a strong communicator, both orally and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with clients, agencies, and team members
- You are mechanically inclined and possess strong technical and problem-solving skills, including attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness, as well as a commitment to producing high-quality deliverables
- You have an interest and ability to travel to client locations and other Trihydro offices
- You understand the importance of time management and possess excellent organization skills
- You have a clean driving record and a commitment to safety
This job is for you if:
- You desire career-growth opportunities and are interested in playing an integral role in a growing team and company
- You want to be part of a dynamic company that treats team members like family
- You value working with others to achieve goals that make a difference to our clients and our communities
- You assume ownership of your work and take pride in producing high-quality deliverables
At Trihydro, our approach to work is honest and hard-working. You’ll find a company culture that is dedicated to excellence, nurtures collaboration and growth, and still finds plenty of time for fun – often outdoors! Some of the benefits of joining our team include:
- Robust health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and prescription)
- Industry-leading 401(k) retirement plan, including a discretionary 6% match by Trihydro
- Comprehensive paid time off including vacation, flex, sick, paid family leave and holiday pay
- Wellness program, including reimbursement for gym membership or related expenses
- Staff mentoring and opportunities for professional/career advancement
- Best-in-class safety culture built to protect our employees – the mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters who deserve to go home safely each night
This is a full-time position averaging 40 hours per week. Interested candidates should apply at https://www.trihydro.com/about-us/careers with their application, resume, and cover letter addressed to Trihydro’s Recruiting Department.
Trihydro is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected Veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Geology, or a related field?
- relevant industry: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location