EcoWater Systems LLC, a Marmon Group/Berkshire Hathaway Company, is one of the largest manufacturers of residential water treatment systems in the world. We offer a well-rounded, competitive benefits package which includes medical, FSA, HSA, dental, vision, disability, 401k with company match, employee discounts and paid time off.
EcoWater Systems is rapidly growing and is seeking an Electronics Design Engineer who develops new and innovative electronic designs as well as improves upon existing electronic designs to meet or exceed customer requirements and documents these in accordance with EcoWater procedures,
The list below highlights the essential job responsibilities but is not exhaustive.
- Design and test electronic controls for residential and commercial water softeners, filters and drinking water applications.
- Perform component and system analysis to assure compliance with performance requirements.
- Generate design documentation, specifications, schematic diagrams, PCB layouts, bills of materials and assembly drawings.
- Develop test plans, specify instrumentation, write test procedures, and analyze test results. Support verification and validation test of systems and components. Interface with and support test personnel to identify test requirements, electrical interfaces, and critical hardware/software issues.
- Demonstrate planning skills by specifying technical objectives, developing schedules and cost estimates with minimal supervision needed. Work closely with Product Engineering team and others to assure successful completion of project milestones.
- Communicate effectively with other departments, teams and outside vendors to clarify ambiguities in requirements and specifications and assure successful product development. Participate in team and customer meetings, technical and peer design reviews, and problem-solving meetings.
Qualifications, Skills, Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering and 2-5 years of related work experience.
- Experience in analog and digital circuit design including motor controls and/or wireless communications is preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering and familiarity with applicable codes, standards and industry practices.
- Ability to understand, design, and troubleshoot custom analog and digital electronic circuity that includes microcontrollers, DC-DC converters, digital logic, sensors, analog signal conditioning and filtering, discrete electronic components and motors.
- Proficiency in standard PCB/circuit design and simulation software as well as Microsoft Office and CAD applications.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, regulatory agencies, members of the business community and the general public.
- Experience in embedded programming.
- Altium Designer experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Are you able to commute to Woodbury, MN?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes