We are seeking to hire a Distribution Engineer with a focus in project/engineering management within our Transmission and Distribution Global Practice in our regional office.
· Supervision and coordination of multidiscipline engineering and permitting teams.
· Responsible for overall project management, project planning, scheduling, resource management, budgeting, as well as establishing and meeting critical project objectives.
· Additional responsibilities include direct coordination with Transmission and Distribution clients, subcontractors, and other external stakeholders.
· Must demonstrate creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving problems. Identify opportunities and manage team efforts for submittals, proposals, presentations, contract negotiations, and related activities.
· Bachelor of Science in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or related degree from an ABET-accredited program
· Minimum 3 years experience in distribution engineering/design, including at least 1 year leading or managing engineering/design teams; however, 5 years’ distribution experience with 2 or more years managing teams is preferred
· Must have the ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of project-related matters.
· Proven ability to develop business and establish relationships with clients.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and clients.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· The ability to influence, lead, and manage change thoughtfully and positively.
· Demonstrated success in project management.
· Proficiency in the use of basic computer software required for project management (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
· Professional Engineer (PE) strongly preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $40.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chicago, IL 60606: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- distribution engineering/design: 3 years (Preferred)
- leading or managing engineering/design teams: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location