Seeking qualified applicants for an Engineer (Technical Analyst Associate) for West Virginia Public Broadcasting. Full Job Description and details can be found below.
Please send cover letter, resume and references via the email or to the addresses below:
600 Capitol Street
Charleston, WV 25301
Applicant subject line must read as follows:
Position is open until filled.
West Virginia Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
West Virginia Public Broadcasting - Job Description
Engineer Department: Engineering
Charleston Reports to: Director of Engineering
West Virginia Public Broadcasting is looking for an individual to fill a full-time Engineer position. Under general supervision, performs technical work assisting engineers or related professionals with the installation, maintenance, and repair of electronic and electrical equipment for the broadcast engineering department of West Virginia Public Broadcasting. Work would also involve completing engineering reports, calculations, field tests, inventory and implementing design. Work may be performed in difficult terrain, under adverse weather conditions. Positions will be headquartered in Charleston, West Virginia but will work with a statewide network. Travel is required.
- Knowledge of the principles of electronic and electricity
- Knowledge of the safety practices for working with electric circuits
- Ability to use electronic and electrical test equipment
- Ability to disassemble and assemble electronic equipment
- Ability to analyze equipment malfunctions, determine the parts needed,
and the length of time for repairs.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings and circuit diagrams
- Ability to safely work at high heights
- Ability to keep routine records
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a Full-Time, Exempt (40 hours/week, M-F) position, with some call outs when needed. Benefits offered—medical, dental, eye, and state retirement.