The GIS Project Manager is responsible for developing and executing project plans, monitoring and reporting on project status, managing project budgets and schedules, managing project risks to ensure successful completion of multiple concurrent projects, and supporting the development of project proposals. Project success is defined by meeting or exceeding clients’ expectations within budget and on schedule. The position will be responsible for enterprise GIS (eGIS) projects primarily supporting the company’s Public business line, and particularly the Federal Practice Area. In addition to project management activities, this position will contribute to the growth of eGIS business by identifying eGIS opportunities, following up on opportunities identified by other company teams, representing QSI at industry events, and other eGIS business development activities, as necessary.
- Lead and manage large, multi-year enterprise GIS projects for federal clients, using the Agile development methodology in a Scrum framework.
- Manage project stakeholders in a collaborative and professional manner to identify product needs and acceptance.
- Support technical project team(s), consisting of technical architect(s), application developer(s), GIS specialist(s), data analyst(s), business analyst(s), documentation specialist(s), and content subject matter experts (SMEs), located in various corporate offices, home offices, etc.
- Manage project teams and tasking utilizing web-based collaboration tools (e.g., GoToMeeting, GoogleHangouts, MS Sharepoint, etc.), and established project management tools (e.g., MS VisualStudio, Kanban boards, MS Project, etc.) to keep projects within planned schedules and budgets.
- Facilitate project stakeholder engagement throughout project life cycles. Lead face-to-face meetings with clients, as necessary.
- Manage subcontractor budgets and resources to support project execution.
- Maintain project budgets utilizing corporate financial planning and tracking tools (e.g., Deltek).
- Coordinate closely with company’s eGIS Practice Lead and associated account managers.
- Support technical project work, as necessary.
- Contribute technical GIS subject matter expertise and domain knowledge, as necessary.
- Three years (minimum) of technical project leadership, with five+ years of experience in the geospatial field.
- Highly motivated team player with mature, positive attitude and passion to meet the challenges and opportunities of the business.
- Expert knowledge and experience supporting complex Esri-based GIS projects within a large enterprise context (including software applications development components).
- Experience with business process analysis, data management, and enterprise geodatabase modeling.
- Demonstrated experience working within an Agile software development methodology, using the Scrum framework.
- Ability to manage and prioritize complex project tasks.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to write/compile technical information.
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to new technology trends and translate them into solutions that address client needs.
- Ability to travel, as needed. 5-15%.
- Bachelor’s or master’s in a natural science, geospatial field (e.g., GIS, remote sensing, cartography, photogrammetry, etc.), business administration, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Certification in project management (e.g., PMI PMP, Scrum Master, etc.)
- Experience with spatial analyses and problem solving.
- Experience working with federal government agencies and academic organizations.
- Experience working with a broad array of geospatial datasets, including numerous forms of vector (point, line, polygon) and raster data, both terrestrial and marine/aquatic.
- Knowledge of the software applications development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of back-end server technologies (IT infrastructure), front-end delivery technologies, and systems integration concepts.
- Knowledge of federal geospatial standards, policies, and data portals.
All job offers with Quantum Spatial are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
How to Apply
We realize the unacceptable lack of diversity in our industry and we refuse to ignore it. We proactively address this with our office culture and hiring practices. If you are not sure whether or not you’d be a fit, we say go ahead and apply!
Please upload a letter of interest, and resume with professional references in one (1) PDF via online application process. We do read every cover letter and will not accept applications without them, help us get to know you!
No phone calls or emails, please. Incomplete applications and auto-reply submissions will not be considered.
Quantum Spatial is a proud and committed Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.