**This Internship is in partnership with the Intern Omaha Program. To be eligible, you must be a student in an Intern Omaha Partner School District and you must participate in the Intern Omaha Program for the duration of the internship.**
Do you want an inside look into the Equipment Engineering profession that will inspire you as you make career plans for the future? Do you want to be part of an industry that makes a real difference in people’s lives all over the world? This paid high school internship will give you hands-on experiences and help you develop industry knowledge to jump-start your career!
- Understand and comply with all federal, state, and company health, safety, and environmental requirements.
- Long/short range equipment planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Establish and maintain communications between all levels of supervision and management.
- Support of craft maintenance technicians – ordering parts, manage inventory, schedule crews, and manage quality and safety.
- Design and present an End of Program Presentation to showcase your work and development throughout this internship
- Must be a student in an Intern Omaha Partner School District and must participate in Intern Omaha program for the duration of the internship
- Must be an incoming high school senior, 16 years of age or older
- Ability to work from assigned Omaha office for the duration of the internship
- Genuine interest and passion for the field of Equipment Engineering
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated with ability to effectively manage time
- Team player with the ability to work well independently
- Ability to maintain excellent attendance
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Customer service and leadership experience
Dress Code Requirements:
- Summer: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
- School Year: Part-Time, 10-20 hours per week
- Must be able to meet the hour requirements between the hours of 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday
Number of Positions Available:
- Must complete both the Intern Omaha application and Kiewit application
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development
- Internships are a great opportunity to explore many different specialty construction and engineering areas within Kiewit and get important hands-on experience
- Our interns have meaningful relations to the industry's top talent for guidance, and have significant responsibilities in real-world areas of the Kiewit organization
- Our long-standing internship program has launched many Kiewit careers, including our Chairman and CEO’s
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.