Chapman Consulting, Inc. (CCI) is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Senior Mechanical Engineer.
CCI is a competitive and growing consulting and engineering design firm specializing in projects for the oil and gas, petrochemical, and process industries. Our office is located off I-49 North in Lafayette, LA behind Prejean’s Restaurant. We provide a variety of onshore and offshore services to our clients and have been in business for 30 years.
· Ensure compliance with client, industry, regulatory and other guidelines, codes, etc.
· Piping, instrumentation, production facilities, and pipeline design and modifications.
· Review, markup and certify 14C and other regulatory drawings
· Develop mechanical flow sheets, safe charts, area classification, safety and equipment layouts
· Hydraulic calculations of pipeline and production systems
· Piping integrity calculations
· Vessel capacity calculations
· Pump selection and hydraulic evaluation
· 3-D modeling and FEA software familiarization
· Complete reports to submit to regulatory agencies.
· Occasional field trips to complete surveys or collect information.
· Provide support to other Engineering and Project Management staff.
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering is required.
· Professional Engineering license in good standing is a plus, but not required.
· Professional demeanor with good communication skills.
· Integrity and a good work ethic.
· Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Familiarity with AutoCAD is preferred, but not required.
· Experience with Autodesk Inventor is considered a plus, but not required.
· Any field experience is a plus, but not required.
· Completive pay to be determined based on candidate’s experience and education.
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Holidays
· Health, dental and vision insurance.
· Life Insurance
· Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
· 401(k) with employer matching up to 4%.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off