OPPORTUNITY: ENCON Evaporators is a manufacturer of evaporation systems for industrial and commercial wastewater and process applications based in Hooksett, NH. We offer an excellent opportunity for a talented professional with extensive experience designing large scale multi-component industrial equipment to join our Engineering department in this mechanical design engineer role.
Responsibilities are to engineer and provide high quality, complete and accurate 3D models and detailed parts that are designed for manufacturing (DFM) to facilitate bidding of outsourced fabrication. ENCON systems include: vessel assemblies, heat exchangers, skids and frames, pipe and pump assemblies, valves and control devices.
- Competitive salary with Bonus potential.
- Industry leading equipment provider with 26+ years in wastewater evaporator marketplace.
- Tufts Health Insurance, 401K Plan with company match, Dental Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, AD&D, Life Insurance, LTD
- Customers Include: Baldor, Boeing, Borg Warner, Caterpillar, CDM, CERN, DOE, GE, Honeywell, Koyo Corp, GKN Aerospace, International Paper, Lisi Aerospace, Los Alamos National Labs, Johnson Controls, MIT, Parker Hannifin, Pepsi Cola, RR Donnelley, Saint Gobain, Stanley Black & Decker, Vermeer, U.S. Army
BACKGROUND and EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive sheet metal and frame engineering and design experience using 3D Autodesk Inventor.
- Large scale piping engineering and design experience with industrial equipment using 3D Autodesk Inventor.
- Extensive design experience with large scale multi-component industrial equipment is required.
- A strong mechanical aptitude that allows understanding of machines and quickly translating this understanding into streamlined mechanical designs that employ Design for Manufacturing (DFM) principles.
- Extensive experience translating engineering concepts into assembly designs that are easily interpreted and able to be outsourced for fabrication and in sourced for assembly.
- A habit of soliciting input from fabricators to confirm best methods for fabrication and assembly.
- Manage and maintain design documentation according to company practices such that models and prints are current and represent best practices. This includes engineering calculations, 3D models and detailed parts drawings, design documentation vaulting and MRP work.
- Creating designs of a consistently high quality such that corrections downstream of the design process are infrequent and have minimal negative impact.
- Correctly and comprehensively specifying mechanical design components such as hardware, piping, fittings, etc..
- Correctly documenting and labeling mechanical drawings according to widely recognized ANSI standards.
- A habit of peer review of designs done by you and your colleagues.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred. Candidates with equivalent work experience will also receive serious consideration.
- 10-15 years of experience with solid modeling in an equipment manufacturing environment using Autodesk Inventor is strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience using MRP (Material Resource Planning) software to generate design documentation (BOM’s, part masters, etc.) that clearly translates the design intent for easy understanding by fabricators and production.
- Expertise with design of large scale multi-component industrial systems.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills with an aptitude to work collaboratively on solving problems.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $105,000.00 /year