We are adding a Lead Construction Superintendent to our growing team!
About American Capital Group
Locally founded in 1986, American Capital Group is a fully-integrated real estate development company. Over the last 33 years, our company has developed and built more than 80 multifamily properties across twelve states. We remain an industry leader because we know and internally manage Engineering and Design, Acquisitions, Development, Construction, Property Management and Asset Management. We strongly value teamwork, integrity, transparency and producing the highest quality product for our investors and customers.
Mission and Vision:
At American Capital Group, our mission is to demonstrate excellence in designing, developing, building, and managing real property through teamwork and integrity. Our dedicated professionals provide quality and value for our customers, profitability for our investors and a lasting contribution to the community.
We are searching for a Lead Construction Superintendent. In this role, you will report directly to the Project Manager and the Vice President of Construction. You will work closely with the Lead Superintendent, Project Engineer, job-site staff, main office staff, vendors and subcontractors to ensure the successful completion of our company’s multifamily developments.
- 10+ years’ experience as a Construction Superintendent is required.
- 7+ years' experience as a Superintendent on large-scale ground-up multifamily projects is required.
- Ability to read and understand plans, specifications and scopes of work is required.
- Ability to safely operate power tools is required.
- Multifamily, senior housing or hotel experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field preferred.
- Experience with Procore preferred.
- Experience with MS Office, including Outlook and Excel is preferred.
- Experience with MS Project or similar scheduling software is preferred.
All candidates must be able to speak, write and understand English to qualify for this position.
Responsibilities: (Included but not limited to)
- Work on project from start to closeout and when needed.
- Assist in creating and maintaining schedules for the project.
- Subcontractor and material scheduling as well as employee job task scheduling and ordering or assisting with ordering all material to complete the project.
- Keep updated records of progress relating to scheduling, cost, and budget.
- Create positive relationships with team members, subcontractors, and owners.
- Prioritize tasks and identify problems or potential problems as they relate to the organization of the job.
- Coordination with Project Manager and support team to complete all aspects of the project.
- Perform quality control of materials received on the project.
- Inspect all work completed, taking appropriate corrective standards and calling for required inspections by appropriate authorities at the required stages.
- Maintain log books, phone logs, safety orientations and reports.
- Assist in any additional duties as requested.
- Location: Stockton, CA
- Job Type: Full-Time/Exempt
- Core Business Hours: 7:00am - 5:00pm M-F (additional hours and weekend days may be needed based on the business needs of the company and/or project).
- Salary: $150,000 annually
- Competitive base salary (DOE).
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans.
- Financial protection through disability, life, accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- 401K plan in which the company matches a percentage of what you contribute!
- A generous paid time off program.
- 10 paid holidays- plus 2 paid personal days!
Pre- Employment Screening:
Candidates selected for hire must be able to pass a pre- employment/post hire drug screen, and background check along with taking a personality assessment.
American Capital Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer/ Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy genetics, veteran status , or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please find out more about us on our website: www.acg.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $150,000.00 /year
- Ground-up Multifamily Construction: 7 years (Required)
- Construction Superintendent: 10 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)