Are you ready to be part of a leading global engineering design house specializing in the design and development of embedded software/hardware, electronics, and electro-mechanics?
What we’re looking for
- Highly motivated hardware/software professionals
- Motivated designers with broad backgrounds and service mindset to be a consultant
- Professionals with ability to work both with in-house projects and on-site assignments at our customer’s locations
What you’ll do
The successful candidate will be part of a Platform Hardware team which has product-level power system and sub-component power design responsibility on leading edge packet optical transport and switching products.
You will be responsible to
As a Power System Hardware Engineer, you would work in the power hardware design team under the guidance of a senior power specialists. You will work closely with system architects, electrical circuit pack, and mechanical design teams to develop designs from concept through to introduction to manufacturing. This includes design, documentation, component and system testing, interfacing with SW teams for performance issues, and to Manufacturing teams for hardware build issues.
Activities will include:
- Develop power and ground systems for next generation edge packet optical transport and switching products.
- Design high performance circuit pack level power solutions (schematics and layouts) and work with hardware design prime to implement on their circuit packs.
- Work with hardware and mechanical design, and external supply partners to realize power hardware designs. Hold design, verification specification, and performance results reviews with peers as required.
- Work with suppliers, corporate and manufacturing procurement organizations to deliver components and sub-systems designs into production.
- Verify system and sub-system design with engineering and production prototypes.
What you need to get the job done
- Good communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills across multiple disciplines in
- Hardware development, manufacturing, test engineering, and with external suppliers
- Experience in team building, project management, resource (staffing and funding) management, and leading development projects
- Experience with Power lab test equipment and measurement techniques
- Product development experience in microelectronic power, with Telecommunications product development experience is an asset
- OEM designs partnerships and co-developments is an asset
- Experience with PCB schematic capture and layout tools
- Customer site power and grounding and manage consultants for technical reviews
- Mentoring and teamwork across Systems, Mechanical, SW, and operations teams
- Knowledge of power and ground design standards for Telcordia and Data center customers
- Proven ability to work with senior subject matter experts in Mechanical, Power, Thermal, and HW and SW systems for Platform developments
- Technical support to operations SRM for technical/business reviews and technology roadmaps
- Electrical engineer degree with 10-15 years’ experience total
- Postgraduate in Electronics or Micro Electronics Power is an asset
- System Power and Grounding design experience: 5-10 years
- Power Component Circuit pack design experience: 5-10 years
- Product Development cycle experience: 5-10 years
What you’ll love about us
- Company Culture – outstanding people and a flexible work environment with lots of after work activities/groups! It’s so great, we even won an award for it!
- Work/Life Balance – 4 weeks holidays to start and work that stays at work!
- Career Growth Opportunities – being a design house keeps variety in your work. New opportunities happening all the time!
- Great Benefits – and, they start the same day you do… and, they include your family… and, the company matches your RRSP contributions!
What we do
Syntronic provides our customers a complete portfolio of professional services to support their product development including research & development, new product introduction, manufacturing, and aftermarket services. We adopt the latest technologies in electronics design and software development with a pool of technically skilled staff around the world. Among our customers and partners are some of the world’s most technically intensive businesses and organizations. This pushes us forward in designing to satisfy our customers’ needs with a focus on quality, competence, capacity, and continuity.
Syntronic values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact our recruiting team and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
* This job is located in Kanata/Ottawa, Ontario.
Job Type: Full-time
- Product Development cycle experience: 5 years (Required)
- Electrical Engineer: 10 years (Required)
- Power Component Circuit pack design experience: 5 years (Required)
- System Power and Grounding design: 5 years (Required)