DAWSON is a Native Hawaiian Organization 8(a) small business that brings the Spirit of Aloha to our employees. As part of the DAWSON “Ohana”, you will be provided a best-in-class benefits program that strives to ensure our great people have peace of mind when it comes to health and wellness. For more information about DAWSON and our benefits programs, please visit www.dawson8a.com.
DAWSON is seeking entry-level Environmental Scientist to support our growing environmental team that is executing technical consulting work throughout the country. These scientists will on detailed or routine environmental assignments, including but not limited to engineering, geology, biology, ecology, chemistry, and regulatory issues. The ideal candidate will work closely with Project Managers to support the development of environmental reports and field tasks. This position is an opportunity to learn across a range of project activities including: scientific and technical report preparation; participation in public involvement; field and geospatial data collection, processing, and analysis. The position may be based in Tysons, Virginia, or Denver, Colorado.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Provides professional support to the Senior Staff who will have customer interface and client relations instrumental in meeting with customers and executing project requirements.
- Assist with managing multiple project deliverables.
- Create, track and report both verbal and written project scope, schedule and budget.
- Manage all meeting minutes and project reports as needed.
- Support Project Managers with project vendor and subcontractor relationships and assist with Contracts/Procurement with project execution.
- Work with Senior Staff, Project Delivery Teams, and Project Controls to document support client- or project-specific financial reporting, including managing purchase order requests and distributions.
- Assist Senior Staff in tracking project financials, financials and identifying risks
- Support project delivery work in accordance with and toward the objective of meeting production schedules.
- Support and participate in project execute delivery task assignment while maintaining cost and overall field work schedule.
- Support specific portions of a broader assignment of in conjunction with experienced senior and project staff (either engineers, geologists, biologists, ecologist, archeologists).
- Gathers and correlates environmental data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on routine environmental assignments, including but not limited to engineering, geology, biology, ecology, chemistry, or other related fields: some tasks such as certain engineering or geologic situations may involve conducting calculations and relatively simple tests.
0 to 4 years (depending on educational level) executing environmental tasks for geographically dispersed environmental investigations under CERCLA, RCRA, NEPA, CAA, CWA.
Current OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training (CFR 1910.120).
Good working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
Must have a valid drivers license.
Must be capable of accessing Government properties based upon a background check.
- BA/BS in Geology, Engineering, Environmental Science, or a related academic.
- AA in Environmental Science, or a related academic field with 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Professional license in discipline (e.g., EIT, PE, PG) or willingness to obtain registration within 6-months.
Periodic business travel is required and is expected about 25-50% of the year: overnight travel is required. Travel is anticipated to consist of field work at project sites; visits to client, and partner offices across the United States. Position involves 25-50% of outdoor fieldwork at sites across the United States. Fieldwork may require candidate to walk over uneven terrain up to 8 hours a day and carry heavy equipment. Candidates are subject to “fit for duty” baseline physical and subject to medical monitoring protocols.
DAWSON is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
DAWSON gives preference to Internal Candidates. If no internal candidate meets our qualifications, external candidates will be given consideration.