Job ID #:
12147 Location: Newport News, VA
Engineering Division: Engineering Division
Regular Education Required: Associates Degree
1+ year Relocation Provided: No
MARCH 15, 2020
$41,500 - $56,300 (T/D I)
You ‘matter’ to us! Our diverse team at Jefferson Lab includes more than 700 people, comprising physicists, engineers, computer professionals, technicians and more. From probing the basic building blocks of matter to performing advanced computing and applied research, we are on the leading edge of science and technology. If you are looking for a great job in a unique place where your contributions truly matter, consider Jefferson Lab!
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Drafter:
Support the design effort for several internal high technology projects working in the Mechanical Engineering Group. This person will be tasked to work directly under the supervision of a senior designer or possibly an engineer. This position requires the designer to produce accurate, simple and clear-to-read piece part drawings, manufacturing drawings and sub-assemblies from main assemblies and 3D CAD models using Siemen’s NX and/or other equivalent CAD software packages such as SolidWorks, UniGraphics, Catia, or Pro/E. The position also requires experience in Teamcenter Data Management System and a working knowledge of AutoCad.
- Associates Degree or High School Graduate with 3 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in the drafting and design field.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of drafting techniques and CAD software to create simple models and drawings of components and assemblies.
- Works in a small team setting, taking direction from other team members to produce models and drawings.
- Ability to identify problems of limited complexity.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must have practical, hands-on experience producing orthographic mechanical and fabrication drawings.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions
- Ability to understand, remember, and communicate technical information and make decisions
- Ability to organize, prioritize and complete complex and varied tasks
- Ability to get across various locations on the laboratory site and access work areas
- Ability to work at a computer workstation for extended periods
- Visual capabilities sufficient to use computer workstations, read drawings and other documents and see safety alarms
- Ability to visualize in three dimensions
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Auditory capabilities to hear safety alarms
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
Jefferson Science Associates, LLC (JSA) manages and operates the Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (Jefferson Lab). JSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or veteran status or on any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. As part of the JSA’s equal employment opportunity policy, we also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
Employment with JSA is conditional upon DOE approval if at any time during your employment you are participating in a Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Program. Generally, such programs include any foreign-state-sponsored attempt to acquire U.S.-funded scientific research through programs run or funded by the government that target scientists, engineers, academics, researchers, and entrepreneurs of all nationalities working or educated in the United States.