SME is seeking a Staff Engineer for a regular, full-time position with our Construction Materials Services group in our Cleveland, Ohio office.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Performing foundation subgrade evaluations;
- Helping with pavement evaluations and transportation projects;
- Helping our geotechnical group with boring layouts and coring;
- Monitoring the installation of deep foundations such as ACP, H-Piles, caissons, etc.; and
- Assisting with other special projects.
Requirements for this position includes:
- A BS in Civil Engineering;
- Preference will be given to candidates who have previous Co-op/Intern experience and an interest in Consulting Engineering;
- Ability to read plans and specifications;
- Excellent communication, report writing and customer relations skills;
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new challenges and learn new concepts;
- A willingness to work hard in an efficient and organized manner;
- A clean driving record; and
- The ability to lift 50+ pounds, stand for long periods of time, and work in inclement weather.
SME offers excellent opportunities for professional development and growth in a flexible, fast-paced working environment. Our robust benefits package for regular, full-time team members includes: Medical/Prescription coverage with no premiums required; dental/optical, life, disability and long-term care insurance coverage; matching 401(k); Profit Sharing; tuition reimbursement (up to $5000 per calendar year); and generous bonus and paid time off programs. SME is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran/military status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. SME is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
For immediate consideration, email resume with cover letter and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement