Compass Education Group specializes in industry-leading test preparation with an emphasis on personalized, one-on-one instruction. Compass is currently accepting applications for part-time SAT/ACT tutors in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our tutors specialize in Math and/or Verbal, and they may also cover academic subjects, AP exams, and high school admissions exams.
We are hiring tutors who will do lessons in students’ homes when it is safe to do so. Before that, new tutors will be able to teach lessons online. We are not seeking online-only tutors at this time.
We are looking for tutors who are available to start in July 2021 or later.
Our ideal candidate:
- Stellar academic credentials (BA or BS required)
- Affinity for standardized tests
- A fun, upbeat personality with strong interpersonal skills
- Intuitive teaching ability
- Enthusiasm for working with high school students
- Willing and able to travel to students' homes
Why work for Compass?
- Competitive tutor rates: In-person rate starts at $40-44/hr / Online rate starts at $32/hr
- Paid lesson prep time
- Flexible and autonomous scheduling
- High-quality, well-researched curricula
- Comprehensive paid training and ongoing support
- Professional development workshops and social events
- Regular evaluations and raises
- Great infrastructure. We consult with families, offer you students, handle billing, manage payroll, and send materials.
- Compass Tutor App to easily manage student programs from an iPhone.
Compass has a well-established following throughout Northern California and serves students in the following areas:
- San Francisco
- East Bay
- Marin County
- Sonoma County
- San Jose / South Bay
- Santa Cruz
From a Compass tutor: "Whether I’m working with an ice skater, budding engineer, or musician, I find that their passions inform the way they learn, as well as the way I tutor.” -Amira D., Northwestern University
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $32.00 - $44.00 per hour
Our hiring and training processes will be remote until it is safe to resume these activities in person. Lessons with students will be online until it is safe to return to doing lessons in students' homes.