SHINE is immediately seeking a Licensing Engineer to assist the company in the support of the NRC review of the operating license application, the preparation for, and coordination of, the NRC construction inspection, the preparation and submittal of permit and license applications to other applicable regulatory agencies, and to ensure ongoing compliance with all licenses and permits.
The Licensing Engineer will work as part of an innovative, collaborative, cross-discipline team to license the SHINE Production Facility. It is anticipated that this position will transition from the design and licensing phase, through construction and into supporting the operation of the facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating with technical personnel to manage the licensing basis of the facility, including the Final Safety Analysis Report and the programs described therein; including Final Safety Analysis Report sections and the programs described therein;
- Oversight of vendor deliverables to ensure regulatory, quality, budget, and schedule objectives are met;
- Preparation of licensing correspondence to the NRC (e.g., application supplements, responses to requests for additional information, exemption requests); and
- Ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations for construction and operation of the facility.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, scientific discipline, or related field, or equivalent experience such as a Senior Reactor Operator License.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization, as well as interface with regulators, contractors, and suppliers.
- Three years of experience in Licensing is preferred.
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on the applicant’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls. Additionally, applicant’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon meeting the Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements for access to Safeguards Information, which typically requires a pre-employment drug screen, fingerprinting and criminal background check.
SHINE values diversity in all its forms as a critical component of innovation, which is fundamental to our success. Every member of the SHINE community benefits from the talents and experiences of our peers, from the mutual respect we exercise, and from the responsibility we take for our actions.
Job Type: Full-time