mJobTime Corporation is a leading provider of mobile time tracking solutions for the construction industry across North America. Our flagship product, mJobTime, delivers a substantial savings of time and money to contractors of all sizes by significantly improving and streamlining control over labor, equipment, and other job site information and integrating that data with all major construction ERP systems.
Jonas Software is the valued technology partner of over 40,000 customers worldwide in more than 15 countries. Jonas employs over 1,500 skilled individuals consisting of a cross-section of industry experts and technology professionals. Jonas is headquartered in Canada and also operates offices throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the Caribbean. Jonas is a 100% owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Toronto and traded on the TSX (CSU.TO).
The Desktop Developer is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the application using clean code with scalability in mind. You will be responsible for UI/UX, business logic (C# and VB.Net), and database design.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Develop and maintain layout/user interface
- Gather specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Maintain readable documentation
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies and industry trends
- Cooperate with developers, QA, and technical support across multiple departments to resolve defects
The ideal candidate for this position will have a high sense of ownership, a service oriented mentality, and will proactively escalate any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Ability to design, develop, test, implement and maintain C# and VB.Net applications and web services with SQL Server database connectivity
- Able to maintain and develop commented, well-engineered and tested code based on the outlined business logic
- Interact with team members to plan and estimate development tasks
- Continuously provide technical improvements to internal tools and libraries, as well as share best practices
- Thorough understanding of theoretical concepts such as Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Design Patterns
- Strong ability to follow prescribed development standards and to work as a team player
- Strong problem solving abilities, and ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts quickly
- Strong desire to continually expand knowledge, learn and adapt to new tools and technologies
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- sql: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)