Hack Club is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that supports high school coders in starting coding clubs, hackathons, and building awesome projects. Founded in 2014, Hack Club's mission is to support, inspire and motivate teenagers from all backgrounds to become highly-technical, and use their computer skills to solve problems.
Hack Club is a fun, quickly-growing start-up, run by a small team of highly-creative engineers, building programs every day for thousands of teenagers from around the world. Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BID8_pGuqA to learn more about Hack Club, and to see the sort of projects you would be supporting. Our existing donors include many high-profile, Silicon Valley tech founders who have given initial gifts.
We are looking for either a lead or a deputy to focus on philanthropy.
This person should be a strong and persuasive writer and be able to create detailed, powerful emails that communicate Hack Club and its accomplishments. They should be able to craft proposals and work with the design team to communicate Hack Club's message. The right candidate could build out our strong existing network inside the tech industry, while also diversifying our funding with foundations.
- Build and steward relationships with donors
- Research foundations and craft proposals
- Conceptualize and plan small events
- Work closely with the COO and the founder to prepare materials to initiate, steward and close funding asks
- Contact media and coordinate event coverage
- Engage in personal networking and leverage the capacity of other team members, and the board to make contacts and engage, secure, and retain donors.
We are open to 2 types of candidates:
- You are either highly-experienced senior executive, who has advised donors, and who has proven success in stewarding collaborations and closing major gifts. You have insight into donors, and been a grantmaker. You can spark and steward relationships that are more than transactional.
- Or you aspire to be that person, and are at an earlier stages of your career. In this case, you are an astute deputy with high exec-functioning and writing skills, who will assist the COO in the fundraising (salary will be commensurate with experience).
In addition to the above:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Persuasive writer
- Good with teens
- Technical aptitude, or an energy to learn quickly, including enough knowledge of design software, online communities like Slack, coding programs and Notion to work with the team
- Journalism, reporting, and story telling skills are a bonus!
- Super-efficient working parents can definitely succeed in this role
How to apply:
Please do not use Indeed's built-in application system.
Email jobs (at) hackclub.com with "kesef" in the subject line, 3 bullet points demonstrating why you would be exceptional for the role, and your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Multiple Locations