Recruiting for Magna’s upcoming newest Seating Division:
- Location: Magna Seating Columbus (MSC)
- 747 Mill Park Drive Lancaster, OH 43130
- Position: Tooling Engineer
- Resumes: For consideration, submit resume and salary requirements
Magna is a company of entrepreneurs dedicated to delivering new mobility solutions. We are a technology company, one of the world’s largest suppliers to the automotive industry. Our agility and expertise make us the ideal partner for autonomy, electrification and building complete vehicles.
At Magna, our philosophy is our people are our greatest asset. They imagine what’s next, determine what’s needed, and do what it takes to make it possible. We invite partners, customers and consumers to become part of the process. Together, anything is possible.
The Tooling Engineer is responsible to manage all tooling and tooling build timelines to ensure consistently high-quality components are produced on time and cost effectively. The Tooling Engineer is expected to ensure the most up to date technologies are utilized to continuously improve our product, meeting our customer’s expectations. The Tooling Engineer has input into the short- and long-term strategic tooling plans as well.
At MSC, we are searching for a Tooling Engineer that posses the following skills:
- Ensure that budgets and objectives are achieved and/or exceeded with respect to tooling.
- Responsible for forecasting and budgeting related to tooling
- Co-ordinates with other departments and facilities the implementation, development, and improvement of new and old programs tooling requirements
- Co-ordinates the fabrication of all required tooling and equipment to support old and new programs
- Coordinates and implements engineering changes on new and existing tooled programs
- Develop and maintains a tooling manual
- Acts as technical contact for vendors on tooling issues
- Develops and maintains all tooling progress reports
- Coordinates FMEA on all new tooling
- Ensures company guidelines for part scrap are adhered to during tooling design process
- Work day to day with production quality issues pertaining to stampings or sub- assemblies
- Ensure PPAP’s are achieved on time
- Approve and sign off on tooling and gauges
- Quote tooling and piece price internally by developing process and strip layouts.
- Send RFQ’s to vendors and participate in decisions when sourcing.
- Kick off tooling
- Negotiate pricing with vendors.
- Work together with engineers to run simulations to develop formable parts.
- Travel as required
- Participates as required in ISO/IATF 16949 by adhering to policies and procedures
- Responsible to protect their own health & safety by working in compliance with established safe working practices
- Follows and understanding the Customer Specific Requirements for Chrysler, Ford and GM when using the application of digitized mathematically based data by referring to the IAOB web site
- Customer Representative with responsibility and authority to ensure that customer requirements are addressed. This includes selection of special characteristics, setting quality objectives and related training, corrective and preventive actions, product design and development
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Adheres to all MAFACT Requirements
- Must comply with all ISO 14001 (Environmental) and OHSAS 18001 (Health and Safety) systems and standards as it pertains to their work
- Abide by all AODA and C-TPAT procedures that apply to their position
- Minimum of five (5) years manufacturing experience in the automotive industry. Familiar with metal fabricating, assembly processes and related tooling
- Prior Tooling Experience
- University education (Mechanical Engineering) or Community College graduate technical and/or a certified apprenticeship in tool & die/ mold making or equivalent
- Good time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Team-oriented approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated planning and system implementation ability
Job Type: Full-time
- manufacturing: 5 years (Required)
- engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Tooling: 5 years (Required)
- Stamping: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)