Ronpak is a nationally renowned manufacturer of carry out paper bags, portion control bags and food wraps with a huge range of choices. Founded in 1947, the company is a solid supplier with continuous, stable ownership. Ronpak has the most advanced production and distribution platforms in the custom printed packaging industry today.
Ronpak has an excellent opportunity for a Process Engineer at our Shreveport, LA plant.
The Process Engineer is part of the management team to improve the continuous manufacturing process. The position is responsible for supporting the General Manager on R & D projects, and working with the Production Manager to reduce downtime and improve efficiency in the manufacturing process. The Process Engineer recommends and support improvements for production, operational efficiency, and safe operations; provides engineering expertise to optimize process systems and implement cost reduction opportunities; and assists operations and directs maintenance in troubleshooting existing processes in order to minimize or eliminate safety, quality, or production problems. This position will be a key member of the Food Safety and Quality team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead identified process improvement initiatives from project inception to long term sustainment.
- Perform production troubleshooting in all areas of manufacturing.
- Assist the Production Manager with manufacturing to resolve manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure safe operations and prevent operational delays and downtime while minimizing costs.
- Manage refurbish improvement of existing equipment.
- Develop and implement process changes to improve quality, reduce operating cost, and/or improve reliability and productivity through training, development, and project activities.
- Identify, analyze, and recommend process improvement initiatives to senior leadership.
- Develop approaches for analyzing the effectiveness of key processes.
- Reduce down time while increasing manufacturing line effectiveness, yields, and cost.
- Lead and participate in team activities (Safety, Lean-sigma, etc.), providing leadership to keep teams goals and results consistent with company direction.
- Document and update standard operating procedures and train staff to ensure consistent application.
- Work to establish a culture of process improvement, and serve as a catalyst for positive change.
- Prioritize the work to keep projects moving toward the identified goal and completion date, drive results, and self-manage priorities on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Responsible for reporting issues related to Food Packaging safety or quality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree: BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Process Engineering.
- Experience: 10+ years in engineering, facilities, maintenance, and production in a manufacturing environment.
- Project management experience
- One or more years’ experience in a process improvement role utilizing Lean and Six Sigma process improvement methodologies.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified a plus.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and safety guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills and a working knowledge of MS Office Products.
- Strong working knowledge of manufacturing environment and processes.
- CAD experience and ability to develop and modify floor plans, and component and machine drawings
- Knowledge of financial systems in order to understand costs and return on investment
- Critical thinking ability.
- Well organized and able to lead projects, forecast workloads and meet deadlines.
- Proven analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision. Shows concern for quality work.
- Ability to coach, teach and mentor technical and non-technical matters.
Physical Demands of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please forward your cover letter, resume and salary requirements for consideration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
- engineering, facilities, maintenance, and production in a ma: 10 years (Preferred)
- Shreveport, LA (Required)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (Preferred)