The Engineer In Training (EIT) program is an entry-level program for engineers to learn core Rockwell Automation product technologies and to develop fundamental field support engineering skills. This program prepares recent engineering graduates from around the world to be Field Support Engineers who provide engineering services to support the installation, start-up, maintenance and operation of automation control systems, drive systems, manufacturing systems, and industrial networks for Rockwell Automation's customers.
The program includes a combination of formal classroom training and work assignments to give engineers hands-on experience with Rockwell Automation's products and technologies. Training focuses on both technical and leadership competencies.
Program participants will have a high level of interaction with Rockwell Automation's leaders and will receive many opportunities to build their professional network.
Upon completion of the training program, engineers are assigned to field offices across the U.S and are primarily responsible for supporting our customers in their region. Field Support Engineers will also have responsibility to support our customer remotely via phone and chat.
Once participants have relocated to their field assignment as Field Support Engineers, they are responsible for:
- Product and system start-up, system integration support, and production optimization.
- Identification and correction of hardware failures, firmware problems and programming deficiencies, and the implementation of hardware/firmware updates and upgrades.
- Instruction/training of customers on proper use, operation and maintenance.
- Development, implementation and execution of predictive and preventive maintenance programs.
- Technical assistance for sales presentations to customers. This may include product demonstrations at Rockwell Automation sales offices, customer's facilities and trade shows.
- Consultation regarding the application of products, technologies, manufacturing processes and industry-specific applications.
- Provide project and site management support including management of project activities such as scheduling, budgeting and managing human resources deployed to the project.
- On-call emergency service support, remote diagnosis and troubleshooting assistance (24X7).
- Travel to work sites remote from the service engineer's field office city location will also be required. (Work assignments at remote city locations may be for extended periods of time.)
- Met degree requirements of a 4-year degree Bachelor's program, or Masters-level program, in one of the following majors: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Willing and able to relocate throughout the United States as required
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Previous Rockwell Automation experience
- Previous relevant experience in an Internship/Co-Op
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Prior experience utilizing programmable controllers, numerical controls, computers or motor controls and drives in industrial automation control systems is strongly preferred