create innovate deliver
Does this describe you?
PPM Technologies, a leading food equipment manufacturer is looking for a Controls Engineer to join our team. Do you want to be a part of a growing company that creates a great quality product??
In this position you would:
- Design and program control panels for customized large scale food manufacturing equipment to customer specification.
- Prepare drawings, including but not limited to wiring schematics, control panel layout diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID)
- Create programs for PLC and HMI operation
- Work with other Engineers and Project Managers to ensure multiple pieces of equipment will work together.
- Test and quality check designed systems once built.
- Provide technical assistance to in house UL 508 panel shop as needed.
- Commission systems at customer site.
- Provide technical support to customers with help from Service department.
- Assist other departments as required and other duties as assigned.
Can you apply these knowledge, skills and abilities?
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Experience with RS Logix, Factory Talk View Studio, (Siemens a plus)
- Must show good initiative, organization and follow-through.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer skills proficiency with MS Office: Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Ability to be resourceful in looking for solutions to overcome any issue.
- Knowledge of food processing or related product lines and general knowledge of a custom machinery environment is a plus
- Must work well within a team and at the same time be able to make independent decisions.
Do you possess this level of Education and/or Experience?
- BSME diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2-4 years of previous experience.
PPM Technologies offers a competitive benefit package and salary. Please visit our website at www.PPMTech.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday