White Star Management is a family owned property management company headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland. We are currently looking for a full time Handyman to join our team. The Handyman will join a team of building engineers to perform a wide variety of maintenance and repair needs for both commercial and residential properties.
This position will routinely require driving to various properties and performing walk-through inspections, inside and out. The Handyman is expected to have a basic knowledge and ability to perform minor carpentry, painting, plumbing, hvac and electrical work.
A successful candidate will be able take and follow direction from the property manager and team lead as well as independently assess and communicate solutions for various types maintenance and repairs.
This position is a full-time salaried position without the opportunity for overtime. There is an on-call component which requires the ability to answer calls and respond to emergency service requests outside of standard working hours.
Duties for this position will include but are not limited to:
· Evaluate and maintain facility and grounds, meeting operational standards
· Perform routine preventative maintenance tasks in the areas of electric, plumbing and HVAC
· Perform minor building and parking lot repairs including but not limited to minor carpentry and painting as well as minor asphalt patching
· Light landscaping
· Power Washing
· Responding to tenant service requests
This job requires climbing ladders, twisting, bending, standing, and lifting up to 50lbs
Salary based on experience. Company sponsored medical and dental insurance. Paid holidays and vacation time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Building Maintenance: 3 years (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible