CMM/ Gauge Engineer
South Carolina, USA
Review and validate datum scheme, stack-ups of tolerances calculated by R&D. Calculate stack up of tolerances when required.
Support tolerance commitment negotiation
Follow up of Check Fixtures, and secure CPK.
Bachelor with experience
- Knowledge of plastics materials
- 6 years experience on geometry
- 6 years experience on CMM
- 6 years experience with gauges
- 6 years experience on CPK product convergence.
- Experience on CATIA, or similar.
- Experience on measurement plans and 2D Drawings interpretation.
- Organizational capability; communication and coordination skills; problem- solving ability; operating skills of computer, office devices and software.
- Ability to create Power point reports, with high clarity to achieve communication with China/Germany.
Development phase of programs:
- Validate tolerance commitment in quotation phase with PE.
- Review and validate customer expectation regarding measurement plan.
- Lead the geometry files on the innovative programs.
- Elaborate the feasibility evaluation and prepare concession requests when needed
- Lead and train use of check fixtures.
- Track measurements until CPK completion.
- Elaborate mean shift request, with strong back up data explanation. Work with PE.
- Lead tuning required on check fixtures because of an EC on the product.
- Do hand over of the program to the plant. Check fixtures, data history, CPK files, mean shift.
- Support 2 months after SOP, providing direction to plant quality.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greer, SC 29651: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Coordinate measuring machine: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location