The Mixed Use Commercial Regional Manager is responsible for the oversight of the Mixed Use Property Management Team and the completion of operations, tenant relations, leasing, and financial responsibilities either through self-performance or effective delegation and review of the work of others. The Mixed Use Commercial Property Manager assists the EVP of Property Management and VP of Residential Property Management in providing management, direction, and leadership to ensure the portfolio is maintained and operated in accordance with Lloyd Co. standards ensuring services are provided in a best-in-class manner. This position requires a demonstrated knowledge of commercial real estate and terms, particularly office and retail leases.
- Hire, train, and supervise a portfolio of community managers and maintenance teams. Generate enthusiasm, spirit, and loyalty amongst the team and maintain a good line of communication. Meet with them weekly, providing exceptional coaching and mentoring.
- Effectively manage relationships with other business groups, e.g. asset management, residential property management, commercial property management, leasing, construction/development, and accounting.
- Maintain the culture needed to enhance, promote and execute daily positive interaction among members of the building management team.
- Set clear and concise directives to promote innovative ideas and solutions to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure compliance with insurance requirements, building codes, life safety codes, and other applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Continually survey the market to ensure services being provided to building occupants meet or exceed market standards as well as gather information on market expense comps.
- Establish and maintain industry contacts and relationships in the property's marketplace through involvement in trade organizations, property management and real estate associations, and networking opportunities with vendor outreach and peer groups.
- Review various types of transactional agreements in connection with real estate management and leasing. Examples of documents would include commercial office government and residential leases, commercial retail leases, license agreements, letters of intent, telecommunication agreements, and other real estate-related transaction documents.
- Actively participate in company or business group task force(s) including those offered by industry-related groups.
- Stay abreast and informed of current government issues, labor issues, or code issues affecting the portfolio.
- Manage staff including management and administrative personnel and building engineers and or maintenance.
- Ensure job responsibilities and expectations are clearly defined and communicated, work is assigned and distributed appropriately, staff is appropriately trained, and performance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Conduct and participate in regular staff meetings.
- Regularly provide formal and informal performance feedback to staff including discussions of strengths and areas for improvement.
- Complete well thought out and well-documented annual performance reviews and salary recommendations within designated timeframes.
- Provide coaching, feedback, and recognition to enhance staff members' customer service skills. Act as a role model when providing customer service.
- Residential Marketing and leasing duties:
- Assist each property manager in the development of an annual marketing plan and conduct marketing reviews on a periodic basis.
- Be attentive to all properties' needs for signage, brochures, curb appeal, and all operation concerns.
- Develop effective marketing and leasing activities to achieve the highest occupancy level possible at each site.
Tenant and Resident Relationships
- Provide excellent tenant service through regular personal contact and by taking the initiative to anticipate tenant needs and provide service that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Ensure the Operations Team is responding in a timely and efficient manner to all tenant and resident concerns, coordinating special services and requests.
- Initiate contact with new tenants to coordinate the move-in process, provide introduction and orientation, and explain the building rules and regulations.
- Distribute security and emergency response plans to tenants; ensure training and annual fire drills are conducted according to code.
- Ensure all special and/or operational events at the building are completed per the established schedule. These could include marketing events, tenant or resident advisory board meetings, holiday decorations, and/or tenant surveys.
- Ensure the Property Management Team is proactively communicating to the tenants, residents, and owners the management goals and objectives regarding scheduled and unscheduled maintenance projects occurring at the property.
- Make safety a top priority and bring all safety concerns to the safety director.
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable of, comply, and enforce in a fair and equitable manner all company operating and personnel policies, procedures, rules, and regulations. Resolve and/or reach a compromised solution to personnel and operational problems which arise from assigned properties in a timely, accurate, compassionate and professional manner.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of insurance, risk management, environmental and building codes, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, vertical transportation systems, building automation, and life safety systems as well as other systems pertaining to the management of commercial real estate such as telecommunications, energy management, and utility issues.
- Coordinate activities required to effectively and efficiently manage the annual Operations and Capital Plan to include but not be limited to:
- Contracting with third-party vendors to maintain building equipment and systems, ensuring contract service expectations are met through regular inspections, and costs are within budget, and/or opportunities for expense savings are achieved.
- Administer contracts in accordance with The Company's and/or Owner's specifications, including insurance requirements, terms of service, the delegation of authority/signature authority, and bidding requirements.
- Complete contract bid process to meet all deadlines and ensure a high-quality analysis of bidders' responses then provide a concise recommendation on contract award.
- Ensure approved capital projects and significant repair and maintenance projects are completed on time and within budget by effectively overseeing all projects and ensuring compliance with expectations and contracted work; frequently (as agreed to with stakeholders) provide construction updates to Owner and other stakeholders.
- Complete regular property inspections to ensure buildings and vacant spaces are presented in a Class A manner and are being maintained per the Company and/or Owner standards.
- Ensure that all Property Management Systems, Policies, and Procedures are implemented within established timeframes and followed consistently.
- Attend Construction Management (CM) meetings and work with CM teams to ensure timely completion of all tenant improvements.
- Manage Tenant Improvements to include but not be limited to:
- Assisting design firm and tenant in the completion of their improvement plan and review plans to ensure existing building systems are not compromised and City and State codes are being followed.
- Ensure the appropriate documents/contracts are in place based on the Company and/or Owners pre-determined policy and maintain job costing/tracking sheet.
- Minimize liability by strictly adhering to established risk management plan to include but not be limited to:
- Maintaining the property in a safe secure manner during normal and emergency situations; verifying that all emergency equipment and/or systems are in good working order.
- Respond to and manage incidents that occur at the property.
- Clearly understanding The Company's and/or Owners' emergency procedures, ensuring Operations team and tenants are trained on method of response.
- Strictly maintain established Certificate of Insurance program for both tenants and vendors.
- Ensure all emergency response manuals are reviewed and updated annually.
- Effectively coordinate with the commercial leasing team to implement new and renewed lease agreements, conduct prospective tenant tours with brokerage team (if requested), and ensure commercial tenant move-ins and move-outs are effectively managed.
- Coordinate with Owner and leasing team, any tenant requests for subleases, assignments, and/or various license agreements, i.e. parking, storage, rooftop agreements. Ensure documents are produced using Owner approved standard forms.
- Track new and existing leases and promptly notify the necessary people of any changes before they occur, ensuring changes are approved and appropriately documented.
- Review and confirm that all LOI financial terms including commissions are consistent with the lease. Proofread drafts of legal documents.
- Review draft lease documents to ensure understanding of tenant requirements and property information in the document is correctly listed.
- Thoroughly understand lease terms by abstracting lease documents; track critical dates, encumbrances, or other significant lease terms, and promptly notify the necessary people as they become applicable.
- Facilitate and track routing, and signature of various documents, forms, and lease documents.
- Maintain original lease documentation and ensure the maintenance of master lease files with the proper property representative. Receive and set up all lease documents into corporate electronic files; assist with abstracting lease agreements.
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of accrual accounting principles for property management in the use of budget analysis, financial statement analysis, and the handling of building accounts.
- Develop and present complete, clear, and concise analysis and recommendations for unbudgeted projects to the Owner.
- Provide competitive property operating expense and tax expense information and explain variances between competitive benchmark expenses as compared to property expenses.
- Understand Owner's goals and objectives regarding property financial performance to include but not be limited to:
- Complete annual property budget and quarterly re-forecasts to include income, operational, and capital improvements projects on The Company's and/or Owner's predetermined schedule.
- Complete monthly reports to provide an executive summary of monthly/yearly activities and a detailed variance analysis of all income and expense categories within established deadlines.
- Ensure Completion of Annual operating expense, insurance, and real estate tax estimate calculations, and annual reconciliations of CAM, Taxes, and Insurance, in accordance with lease timelines.
- Review monthly rent, ensuring rents agree to lease rent steps; identify tenants with upcoming hold-over rents and CPI increases and communicate to Accounting.
- Evaluate market conditions with each property manager on residential units to determine unit prices in accordance with the market and budgeted goals.
- Develop and implement 5-year Capital Plan to include a schedule of projects to be completed and amortization projects (if required) to meet the financial obligations of the annual budget.
- Partner with the Accounting department to ensure the timely collection (collected and posted by the 10th of the month) of tenant rents, operating expenses, and additional charges to the tenant that may be required.
- Make recommendations to improve net operating income by increasing revenues and/or decreasing operating expenses.
- Manage the Operations team to ensure that The Company's and/or Owner's Delegation of Authority is strictly being followed.
Skills + Abilities
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Effective business writing skills
- Proven history in the completion of an annual operating budget and five-year Capital Plan
- Must be detail-oriented, a self-starter, dependable, and highly motivated
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Work and think well under pressure and can meet deadlines consistently
- Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Possess general working knowledge of architectural and construction processes
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and proficiency in or the ability to develop proficiency in accounting software (Yardi)
- Demonstrate ability to complete objectives and projects with broad managerial direction.
- Demonstrate ability to develop projects or plans to meet business group goals and strategies
- 5+ years experience managing commercial properties including experience with significant operational issues such as operational emergencies or building renovation
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Associates Degree in Business Management or similar field preferred
- Yardi experience preferred, but not required
- Demonstrates professionalism in every aspect of work performance including a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Active broker's license preferred and will be required upon hire
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location