Calibrated equipment tool room support at the Naval Foundry and Propeller Center (Civilian employees of the US Navy, a detachment of Norfolk Naval Shipyard)
Starting Salary: $51,833– $60,673 (WG-08 )
Promotion Potential: WG-10 ($55,868 - $65,270)
Full Time, 1st Shift. This is a non-supervisory position.
Naval Foundry and Propeller Center, Philadelphia Naval Business Center, Philadelphia, PA
The Naval Foundry and Propeller Center (NFPC) is a modern manufacturing facility that occupies a 17-acre site at the Philadelphia Navy Yard with more than 750,000 square feet of industrial and administrative floor space. NFPC employs a highly skilled and versatile workforce of engineers, trades people and support personnel who specialize in advanced engineering, castings, and precision machining.
Works in the tool room to inventory and issue precision measurement tools to the production workforce. Coordinates with quality assurance and engineering to order new measurement tools. Works with external calibration labs to send out and check in measurement tools requiring calibration. See more about NFPC at our website:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Shall have the ability to carry up to 50 lbs.
- Manual inventory count of stock on hand and daily inventory for stock adjustment
- Physical transportation of and coordinating the calibration of the instruments with various calibration laboratories. ,
- Make minor repairs to precision instruments, assists mechanic in the operation and use of standard precision measure machines, associated equipment, hand tools.
- Shall comply with all NFPC procedures for safety, fall protection and hazardous materials.
- Shall assist in developing and implementing engineering process controls/techniques for continuous improvement of machining and assembly operations.
- Shall perform other tasks as required.
Qualifications Required for the Position.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in or supporting an industrial facility.
Security Clearance / Background Check required. Your candidacy is subject to approval and acceptance.
Conditions of Employment
o Must be a US Citizen.
o Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
o Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
o New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
o Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met.
o Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
o Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
o You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $51,833.00 - $60,673.00 per year