ANDRITZ is an international technology group providing plants, systems, equipment, and services for various industries. The company is one of the technology and global market leaders in the hydropower business, the pulp and paper industry, the metal working and steel industries, and in solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial segments. Other important fields of business are animal feed and biomass pelleting, as well as automation, where ANDRITZ offers a wide range of innovative products and services in the IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) sector under the brand name of Metris. In addition, the company is active in power generation (steam boiler plants, biomass power plants, recovery boilers, and gasification plants) and environmental technology (flue gas and exhaust gas cleaning plants) and offers equipment for the production of nonwovens, dissolving pulp, and panelboard, as well as recycling plants.
Job summary / Introduction
ANDRITZ stands for passion, partnership, perspectives and versatility - core values to which the company is committed. The listed Group is headquartered in Graz, Austria. With almost 170 years of experience, 29,000 employees, and more than 280 locations in over 40 countries worldwide, ANDRITZ is a reliable and competent partner and helps its customers to achieve their corporate and sustainability goals.
Detailed job description
Our Automation Solutions division has an immediate opportunity for an Electrical Project Engineer or Technologist to join our Terrace, BC, team. This position would be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of high quality, innovative engineering solutions that improves plant productivity, reliability, and sustainability for our North American customers.
Responsibilities may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Audit industrial facilities and develop preliminary engineering designs and estimates for electrical and control system upgrades.
- Design and commission industrial MV and LV electrical power systems, including electrical room design, equipment specifications, motor control and grounding systems, and cable and raceway sizing and layouts.
- Complete electrical control and instrumentation system design including P&ID drawings, control system architecture, and instrumentation systems.
- Design, program and configure DCS and PLC/HMI applications.
- Prepare and evaluate tender and construction packages, including electrical and instrumentation drawings, installation specifications, and other supporting documentation.
When selecting candidates, we will be looking for the following essential skills, abilities, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in electrical engineering
- Registered (or eligible for registration) with EGBC or ASTTBC
- Resourceful, self-managed, and goal driven but still able to work effectively in a team
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Authorized to work lawfully in Canada
- Ability and willingness to travel to domestic and international sites
Other valued, but non-essential skills, abilities, and experience include:
- Experience in industrial automation engineering
- Consulting engineering experience
- Industrial operations experience, preferably in pulp and paper
- Commissioning, construction, and start-up experience
What can we offer you?
Meaningful Work - ANDRITZ remains forefront of future engineering technologies and is committed to successfully delivering innovative, high-quality, environmentally responsible solutions to our customers, shaping the future we live in. Why are we so successful? Because we are passionate and love what we do!
Full Project Involvement - Working both locally and globally in a variety of key industries, our employees follow their design throughout the entire project lifecycle: from the initial concept, right into the field for commissioning. Employees and customers are both direct benefactors of this "total commitment" approach.
Professional and Personal Growth - As we continue to innovate and grow, so do our employees. From challenging and innovative work assignments to structured training programs, ANDRITZ provides employees with countless opportunities to grow their knowledge and be the best both professionally and personally.
Flexible Opportunities - ANDRITZ understands that life is a dynamic balance between personal and professional and believes that a successful and fulfilling career varies between people so we offer a broad range of flexible opportunities.
In addition to all of the above benefits, we reward our employees' commitment with a competitive salary that increases with technical capability, comprehensive benefits package, and a defined contribution pension plan.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)