Office Depot is a brand you've counted on since 1986 for your office supplies and business services, supported by a strong retail network and world-class technology platforms. As the business landscape continues to evolve, we are changing the way we look at our technology platforms to drive significant change in the way we do business. We're reinventing ourselves and making significant investments in our multi-billion-dollar digital platforms to drive growth in our range of B2B products & services. Apply today to be a part of this revolutionary change!
The role of the Software Developer I is to design, build and maintain high quality technology solutions that deliver an exceptional customer experience. Working as an integral part of an Agile development team, this role will require close and continuous collaboration with the team Lead & Sr. Developers, Product Managers and fellow team members to translate user stories and functional requirements into resilient & secure technical designs which will be implemented as production-ready application code using Java and/or Golang.
Ideal candidates should be able to demonstrate coding skills in Java and/or Golang, with up to 2 years of development experience in one of these or a similar language. Candidates should understand public Cloud platforms.
1. Partners with senior developers to translate basic user stories and functional requirements into resilient & secure technical designs
2. Under management direction, designs, builds and maintains high quality technology solutions that deliver an exceptional customer experience
3. Ensures application SLAs are met by employing appropriate monitoring and alerting tools as required by each supported application.
4. Focuses on professional development through our wide array of learning opportunities for continued growth within the Office Depot team
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education:
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Area of Study:
Computer Science or Engineering discipline; Graduate degree preferred
Years of Experience:
0-2 years of relevant experience is expected to be successful in this role; Internships preferred if no post-college work experience
Type of Experience:
Entry level software development experience preferred including internship
Skills and Ability:
- Java EE and/or Golang
- Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Vertx, GraphQL
- Ability to create unit tests, performance and integration tests (jUnit, jMeter/k6 & Postman/Newman)
- Kubernetes and/or Docker
- NoSQL DB (ie. Couchbase / MongoDB / Elastic)
- RDBMS (ie. MySQL / PostgreSQL / MS SQL Server / Oracle)
- Linux/Unix basics
- Natural problem solver
- Ability to mentally model complex systems
- Ability to break down complex problems into smaller less complex problems
- Team player
- Detail orientated
- Strong communicator
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.