COMPUTER HARDWARE ENGINEER
INDUCOMP Corporation is an innovative computer manufacturer that designs and creates standard and custom computer devices for many industries. Industries include manufacturing, distribution and warehouse, transportation and retail.
Our products include industrial computers, industrial displays, panel mount PC and monitors, industrial keyboards, time clocks, payment devices, mobile devices, tablet accessories, self-serve kiosks and custom devices manufactured exclusively for our customers.
Many of the devices support various OS platforms such as Windows, Android, and Apple IOS.
As a Sr. Hardware Engineer, you will engage in both hardware and software to help create the most advanced products for our customers.
- Work in a research and development environment delivering high tech systems that solve tough problems
- Work with mechanical, and software engineers on a daily basis to deliver results quickly
- You own the product development from start to finish. We have an in-house machine shop, 3D printing, cable assembly and much more.
- Think creatively and create solutions that are outside the box
- Work in conjunction with other hardware engineers in our Austin, TX office.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years experience with electrical computer board design, mechanical design, prototyping, testing, and release to production
- Hands-on experience with system development and product integration combining mechanical, electrical, and software systems
- Develop products that are cost-optimized, regulatory compliant & can be manufactured by outside board houses local and overseas
- Develop and document cable assemblies
- Well versed in low-level basic computer IO protocol interfaces used for displays, printers, keyboard, etc.
- Design Schematic and multi-layer PCB layouts
- Knowledge of basic power supply design and functionality
- Basic knowledge on how to program a firmware for various chips sets.
- Willingness to be hands-on building a prototype and assembling parts
- Demonstrated experience with "concept to production" life cycle
- Experienced CAD user using PADS, Altium, Solidworks (a plus)
- Familiar with test equipment and methods
- Willingness to search for and order components for prototypes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
If you enjoy working on challenging hardware projects, this is the opportunity for you. We are always stretching our capabilities to serve our customers.
We provide health insurance for our employees, 401K and optional profit sharing.
You can view our products at www.inducomp.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year