Viant is a global strategic manufacturing partner that helps medical device OEMs bring complex medical devices and components to market. Our deep materials expertise, combined with our experience in design, manufacturing, assembly, and packaging, allow us to bring our customers’ medical technology solutions to life. With nearly 6,000 associates across 24 locations worldwide, we are the perfect combination of big company scale and small company attention. For more information, visit www.viantmedical.com.
The Quality Inspector/Technician is responsible for determining if product manufactured conforms to specified requirements. This shall be accomplished by inspecting, monitoring and releasing to established acceptance criteria. This position shall also ensure that quality related functions, procedures and policies established are adhered to.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Conduct first article inspection for start-up processes.
- Conduct in-process inspection of manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Conduct final inspection (AQL) for lot release.
- Communicate with Lead Inspector and production personnel on non-conformances found.
- Coordinate retained parts with proper identification.
- Audit production operations.
- Audit production personnel.
- Perform incoming component inspection as required.
- File or scan applicable quality documentation.
- Maintain cleanliness of QC lab.
- Oversee quarantine cage and disposition materials as required.
- Enforce “controlled room” policies and procedures.
- Special projects as assigned by Manager, Supervisor, or Engineer in Quality Assurance.
Standing, sitting, walking, and lifting.
- Minimum of 1 year as Quality Inspector.
- Ability to perform standard measurement and test equipment.
- Comprehensive knowledge in blue print reading and interpretation.
- Ability to interpret SPC charts.
- Computer literate.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Desired candidate will have prior work history in MSA, SPC, Mini-tab, Infinity, sterilization, & clean room environment.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.